• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone from Salisbury seen a lost rabbit

beccimarie

Mama Doe
I walked past a house near my mums work today and a rabbit hutch was not covered and had no shelter so i asked mum if she knew who owned the hutch and whether there was a rabbit it in, mum said she knew the children and so we asked if there was a rabbit in there and if it had a friend.. the boy looked really sad and said no rabbits :( our rabbit escaped, the hutch looks quite secure but its in the front garden which makes me think its a easy target to steal :? poor little boy he was so upset, i said the rabbit is probablly happy and just gone to talk to his friends.. obviously the real thing is.. he is going to freeze if know one finds him :( i have seen him before in his hutch he is a black (standard rex size) but i dont know if he is a rex but that kind of shape, if anyone has heard of a bunny being lost in salisbury please let me know they sounded like lovely owners :( although if he does return i think keeping him indoors would be the better option instead of the front garden.

bumping this up for you.

tell them to leave the hutch open with some pellets and hay in there in case the rabbit comes back tonight.

also put a towel in there for warmth and cover the hutch with an old blanket with plastic covering(opened carrier bags weighted with stones?)as insulation.

as someone else on here has said put a sock on the water bottle to stop it freezing too.

Maybe ask if they would like you to put up posters/deliver leaflets tomorrow ?

tell them to notify all the vets in the area as well as the RSPCA,as those are were someone would take the bunny if found.
sue:wave:

bumping this up for you.

tell them to leave the hutch open with some pellets and hay in there in case the rabbit comes back tonight.

also put a towel in there for warmth and cover the hutch with an old blanket with plastic covering(opened carrier bags weighted with stones?)as insulation.

as someone else on here has said put a sock on the water bottle to stop it freezing too.

Maybe ask if they would like you to put up posters/deliver leaflets tomorrow ?

tell them to notify all the vets in the area as well as the RSPCA,as those are were someone would take the bunny if found.
sue:wave:

Yes i spoke to the mum, i could not speak to the little boy he was so upset :( i think they have asked around a vets live near them, so sad :( and now its snowing outside :(

Back