• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the willow warren site *got hay sample*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
my order won't go through! :( keeps just saying it's unsuccessful, but my card works on other sites so don't know why.

thought maybe it was because you are only allowed one sample box per harvest but i got the sample ages ago, must have been early 2009, don't know how long each harvest is though.. :?

i've emailed them anyway.

has anyone else had trouble with their card on there?

Last edited:
Never had any problems. Can you phone them instead? Will be getting some more hay from them soon as the last batch was heavenly :D.

Never had any problems. Can you phone them instead? Will be getting some more hay from them soon as the last batch was heavenly :D.

no, can't phone. :oops: hopefully get an email soon, see what they say.

hoping my lot will like it. i know the piggies will, but these bunnies are more fussy! :roll::lol:

They can be a bit slow with the emails i'm afraid. I always phone them to order for this reason, but I know this is a problem for you. You might have to be a bit more patient with the emailing way of things, they are very small company and the farmer himself isn't in to the technical modern world - meant in the nicest possible sense! :D Billa (the vet) usually picks up emails or one of the ladies from the office but they are not there everyday.
I've tried to phone to order this week a few times and no one has been in - busy working in the fields/barn!

p.s. if you get no joy I can happily send you a sample from my large box! :wave:

Yes they have had problems with their website they called me the day after to advise. Perhaps give them a call tomorrow they are really helpful :wave:

They can be a bit slow with the emails i'm afraid. I always phone them to order for this reason, but I know this is a problem for you. You might have to be a bit more patient with the emailing way of things, they are very small company and the farmer himself isn't in to the technical modern world - meant in the nicest possible sense! :D Billa (the vet) usually picks up emails or one of the ladies from the office but they are not there everyday.
I've tried to phone to order this week a few times and no one has been in - busy working in the fields/barn!

p.s. if you get no joy I can happily send you a sample from my large box! :wave:

ah, maybe they won't know why it won't work then in that case.

i don't have a cheque book or anything like that either.

are you sure you wouldn't mind sending a sample? i can paypal you the postage costs if you're sure you don't mind. :)

ah, maybe they won't know why it won't work then in that case.

i don't have a cheque book or anything like that either.

are you sure you wouldn't mind sending a sample? i can paypal you the postage costs if you're sure you don't mind. :)

No postage necessary - just PM me your address! :wave:

I pay over the phone with my credit card btw :D

No postage necessary - just PM me your address! :wave:

I pay over the phone with my credit card btw :D

i could get dan to phone then. or try and do that myself as a challenge. i answered the phone today and it was the vets so spoke to them. i'm usually better at things when it's for the pets.

i'll pm you in a minute :wave:

yay! got the hay sample and they all love it! :D

the hay is so nice, great quality! :D

That's brilliant news! :D:wave:

Yes it is very good hay this year, must have been the warm weather early in June. My most recent order is definitely more yellow in colour than previous orders this autumn which were very green (just after it had been cut) but just to reassure anyone who orders the hay and expects it to be green (as sample boxes may be) there is nothing wrong with yellow hay - it is still the same fresh lovely hay, has just dried more that's all. I suspect the yellow bales were on the outside and got more sun drying that's all - the bun don't notice the difference at all and are eating tons of it as usual! :D:wave:

That's brilliant news! :D:wave:

Yes it is very good hay this year, must have been the warm weather early in June. My most recent order is definitely more yellow in colour than previous orders this autumn which were very green (just after it had been cut) but just to reassure anyone who orders the hay and expects it to be green (as sample boxes may be) there is nothing wrong with yellow hay - it is still the same fresh lovely hay, has just dried more that's all. I suspect the yellow bales were on the outside and got more sun drying that's all - the bun don't notice the difference at all and are eating tons of it as usual! :D:wave:

i'm shocked because it's bisc that seems to love it more than the others, even though they all like it. :D

it is quite yellow but the dustfreehay is usually yellow aswell so they aren't bothered. the dustfreehay soft is more green but not good quality at the minute.

sooooo happy they like this hay. :D

i'm shocked because it's bisc that seems to love it more than the others, even though they all like it. :D

it is quite yellow but the dustfreehay is usually yellow aswell so they aren't bothered. the dustfreehay soft is more green but not good quality at the minute.

sooooo happy they like this hay. :D

Ahh well that makes sense then. Someone the other day on here was a bit upset with their yellow box compared to a green sample box, and my last two large boxes were very green, but this order is yellow, so if your sample is yellow too that must mean the bales being used at the moment were near the top back in the summer and have dried more in the sun :D I'm glad Bisc likes it.... progress :D

Ahh well that makes sense then. Someone the other day on here was a bit upset with their yellow box compared to a green sample box, and my last two large boxes were very green, but this order is yellow, so if your sample is yellow too that must mean the bales being used at the moment were near the top back in the summer and have dried more in the sun :D I'm glad Bisc likes it.... progress :D

mine don't seem fussed whether it's green or yellow hay.. but i must admit it looks nicer when green.

but i'm really impressed with this hay, it's so stalky and so dry, not a speck of dust in sight, so really happy. much better quality than any other hay around at the moment.

and if sir bisc says it's yummy, then it must be! :lol:

Oh, I'm excited now! I decided to order some too after seeing it mentioned on one of your threads, and after some payment issues the order went through. I hope Oscar likes it :D

i think he will, it's really nice. let us know what he thinks. :wave:

Does anyone know if you can pay online again now?

I tried to put an order in but im working till tuesday so no time to ring in the day :( I get home at about 8 so too late then!

Does anyone know if you can pay online again now?

I tried to put an order in but im working till tuesday so no time to ring in the day :( I get home at about 8 so too late then!

Dave the farmer has said you can call really early. One customer apparently phones him at 630am! :shock::lol:

Back