• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Redi Grass?

:wave:Hay everyone, as Parsnip and Pixie are now off the lawn now (far too muddy and not much grass left) and into their very cosy winter home on our patio, would it be ok for me to feed Redi Grass to them daily ( in small amounts to begin with of course) to replace the grass their missing while they 'winter' on the patio?

From what I hear, Readigrass is very high in calcium and should only be given very sparingly. Maybe try Orchard Grass instead? This can be fed freely and my bun Oscar loves it! Plus you can get a sample bag from animal magic for 50p!

hi, i have been giving my rabbits Graze-On for a bout a year now. much cheaper than readigrass. i have had no problems with it. they love it. i have been using it instead of hay recently, as the only hay i can seem to get is appauling quality :roll:

:wave: Not a problem to feed them Readigrass, my rabbit savvy vet says its ok to feed instead of timothy hay. Although I give them both. :D

If it's just freeze-dried grass then surely it can't be any worse than feeding........grass??? Mine get a handful morning and evening and they love it. The piggies are pretty keen on it too :D.

Mine just finished a bag-they love it & prefer it their veggys.B was on a low calcium diet but never had any problems with it apart from the odd excess caecotroph.

I feed daily and never had any problems but I don't feed many pellets and I am careful they don't get too much calcium from their veg

Back