• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with white bunnies.....

lildebs

Mama Doe
:wave: are your buns clean...like lovely and white?? only Dolly has been playing out and I noticed her paws are yellow (not wet) so I had a look at her and so is her tail underneath, it not wet though? her paws were yellow when I got her and this did fade but but her tail was fine...
she does have quite a large tail really...she is well litter trained and always wee's in the tray as do the others? (I use wood pellets and hay on top) just wondered if her tail isn't being lifted high enough when she backs herself up in the tray to have a wee? Anyone got any suggestions, thinking of getting a bowl of warm soapy water and giving them a clean up.

Spenser is nearly always spotlessly clean. One of my friends thinks he has OCD, and I suspect they may be right. Spenser dislikes damp paws, so there is not much chance of him getting muddy. If he does get his paws wet, he spends ages licking them dry.

I dont know hun sorry. I dont have a white rabbit but Fay (agouti bun) has been getting yellow paws and tail but its because she shares with Kenco and he wees everywhere all the time, we try to clean it up as quick as we can and put lots of litter trays everywhere. I am taking Kenco to the vet today anyway so will mention it again to them.

As for your bun I dont really know, if they are all well litter trained, I can only think if she is spending a lot of time in the litter tray or if any of them are weeing outside of the litter tray. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

There is no grass/mud in my gadren, it's paved and there's a section with chippings, so she can't get muddy as such, a little damp...but they're yellow, so I'm assuming it's wee.

I dont know hun sorry. I dont have a white rabbit but Fay (agouti bun) has been getting yellow paws and tail but its because she shares with Kenco and he wees everywhere all the time, we try to clean it up as quick as we can and put lots of litter trays everywhere. I am taking Kenco to the vet today anyway so will mention it again to them.

As for your bun I dont really know, if they are all well litter trained, I can only think if she is spending a lot of time in the litter tray or if any of them are weeing outside of the litter tray. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Yes this is what I'm thinking, and as her tail is quite big (she's a bigger bun) tail isn't going higher than it should...yes they're all good with weeing in their tray...just thinking, they all use one underbed storage as tray maybe should get another to even the wee content out...as they drink and wee an awful lot and I have to change it completely everyday....hmmmmmmm

I was only saying the other day how grubby my Lizzie looks!!! As she spends most of the day free ranging too she is filthy by the end of it. I thought she had had a terrible accident the other day and was covered in blood :shock: It turned out she'd been having a nap leaning against the wheelbarrow and the colours from that had covered her fur :roll::lol:

Yeah it may be worth trying a couple of extra trays - we've had to 'strategically' place them with Kenco too! :lol:

Are they outdoor bunnies? Just thinking as well whether the litter tray is a warm place to sit because its not on the floor of the hutch? I know that sounds a little silly but we have one of those plastic cat baskets for Twinkle & Star that we fill with hay, and they are always sitting in it at this time of year, even if they are not eating the hay, I think cos its a warm cosy spot. Just a thought.

Thistle is occassionally nice and white but more often than not he looks like a right old grotter! He has a tendancy to sit in the litter tray for longer than he really needs too so he's often a little yellow :shock::oops:

Suki seriously shines - she must spend all day grooming:lol:

The rest are all clean, bar Rosie - whose feet get really mucky:? although the rest of her is ok:D

Little Lola is all white underneath and parts of white on her back, her feet are often dark white/ slighty yellow. But she is a pretty clean rabbit shes always sitting cleaning herself, i cant comment on her tail as she doesnt have one:lol:

Mallow my white bun is usually really white. She's an indoor bun and although loves spending time in her tray she chooses to pee everywhere except the tray :roll: I clean her out twice a day due to the pee on her blankets etc (she's a rex and has to have these for her hocks) so doesnt really get a chance to get mucky!

Thanks guys, yes they are outdoor buns, kennel with run but they're on a wooden raised floor with rubber matting...maybe she's bonded with the tray more than the buns then :roll: :lol: ....saying this though when I've cleaned the tray out and putting in fresh wood pellets etc she's sat in whilst I'm doing it and I have to move her positions so I can spread the litter about :roll::lol: then when the hay goes in I can't move her, so I end up carrying the tray with her intact in it back into the kennel!!! :lol::lol:
I do think it's the tray though, but not sure what's going on with her tail end.

Back