• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Bernard

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
:wave:

Bernard was neutered yesterday, he spent the night in his cage where we put newspaper down and blnkets for him to snuggle.

He was very drowsy and drifted in and out of sleep all afternoon and through the night. We spent the night on the sofa again to keep him company and keep an eye on him.

This morning he sat at his cage looking at us and waiting for his breakfast nuggets, so we gave him the bowl and he had a few.

He then seemed really restless and annoyed at being stuck in his cage as he is usually free range.

we let him out into the living room and he seems to have really bounced back!

I'm so surprised at how well he is doing, however we are still keeping a very close eye on him.

We have been told to take him back to the vets tomorrow for a post op check up but this seems really odd to me as he only gets today to recover from the trauma he has been through and then tomorrow has to go through it again?? Should I see if they could change it to Monday or is better to get it over with and make sure everything is ok?

Also he seemed to be unable to open his right eye all of last night but i think it's opening a bit more this morning, is this something I should worry about?

xx

:wave:

Bernard was neutered yesterday, he spent the night in his cage where we put newspaper down and blnkets for him to snuggle.

He was very drowsy and drifted in and out of sleep all afternoon and through the night. We spent the night on the sofa again to keep him company and keep an eye on him.

This morning he sat at his cage looking at us and waiting for his breakfast nuggets, so we gave him the bowl and he had a few.

He then seemed really restless and annoyed at being stuck in his cage as he is usually free range.

we let him out into the living room and he seems to have really bounced back!

I'm so surprised at how well he is doing, however we are still keeping a very close eye on him.

We have been told to take him back to the vets tomorrow for a post op check up but this seems really odd to me as he only gets today to recover from the trauma he has been through and then tomorrow has to go through it again?? Should I see if they could change it to Monday or is better to get it over with and make sure everything is ok?

Also he seemed to be unable to open his right eye all of last night but i think it's opening a bit more this morning, is this something I should worry about?

xx

No idea about the app, I think mine was the next week?

Get some cooled boiled water and a cotton ball and gently bath his eye :wave:

Glad Bernard is doing well and don't worry about the eye I have had a couple of bunnies that have been neutered/spayed and they have had what I call a 'lazy eye' it will or should open.

Does seem a bit quick to be going back to the vet's for a check up our three are back next Tuesday which gives them time to heal a bit and rest. :wave:

Thankyou!

He is getting better by the minute. His eye looked ok again earlier so didn't bother soaking it but it seems to be doing it again now. :? I'll tell the vet tomorrow though.

He is being a little cheeky chappy and running around and even binkyed a little bit earlier which made me cringe as i didn't want him to pull his stithes :shock:

He smells strange but his wound looks very neat and clean so again I'll just speak to vet.

Simon has bought him some vet bed for his cage and also for when new girlie bun arrives as she has suffered from bad hocks with her previous (nasty)owner :(

xx

Luna got speyed on wednesday and went in today for a check up.. I asked why and it's to make sure the have come around from the anasthetic (sp) properly and to see how there poo's etc are and to check they havent pulled at the wound...

apparently..

Back