• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you use snuggle safes indoors?

I have 2, which the guinea pigs have at the moment because the rabbits are indoors now.

Im just wondering if theyre necessary indoors?

Anyone who does use them, whats the temperature in your bunny room and what are the reasons for using them?

I wouldn't use them for healthy rabbits/guineas indoors. The risk of over heating IMO is far greater than the risk from cold.

There are exceptions of course...very sick animals or when you are hand rearing baby rabbits for instance

I only use them indoors for vulnerable rabbits (such as ill or after a GA, etc).

For a healthy animal indoors, I can't imagine they would be necessary.

Well thats what i thought, but my friend and her sister use them for their house bunnies.

Theres nothing wrong with them, theyre both healthy. :?

Marley was outside last year on his own and he only had tarp over his hutch on a night, he was a ball of fluff, but he would sit in his run in all weathers!

When I went away on hols the other week - my sister used one indoors for my 2 as the heating was not on & it was freezing....they had the option to use it if they wanted to as they had lots of space to be on a cool floor or on the snuggle safe or just a blanket.....I dont think it necessary if the house if generally warm - but even if the heating is not on they probably dont need it. It was more as an extra as I wasnt here and my sister wanted them to be ok!:D

i use them indoors for bisc and matt. only when it gets very cold though. the heating is always on but i put the snugglesafe at one end of the cage so they have the option of using it if they want, and they do use it quite alot, especially bisc who gets quite cold. our house is very cold anyway though. :)

My buns are in the conservatory with no heating so they get one wrapped up in a towel & put in a pet carrier. So its there if they need it.

I could see my breath in the conservatory this morning but the pair of them were stretched out snoozing away! :lol: Mustnt be that cold then!

My buns are in the conservatory with no heating so they get one wrapped up in a towel & put in a pet carrier. So its there if they need it.

I could see my breath in the conservatory this morning but the pair of them were stretched out snoozing away! :lol: Mustnt be that cold then!

:lol::lol:

I lvoe how everyones buns like snuggling with blankets and stuff. I gave mine a nice cusion, they just peed all over it and then flopped out on the floor! :roll: They arent worthy of soft furnishings at the moment, but they dont seem to be interested in them either!

Oh they arent allowed a vet bed, they love to wee on that! Only little hand towels for them, the little devils! :lol:

yeah - mine have wee'd on cushions - but generaly the snuggle in their fleece blanket....its so cute when they arrange it!:love::lol:

Back