• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bricks instead of Snuggle Safes

Bumping this for you as I was just searching for the same answer and can't find a thread with it in!

(I don't have a microwave so snugglesafes aren't an option for me :))

I am off to buy bricks for this purpose today. I spoke to Capel on here who did this last year and she said at least half an hour if not longer but that they stay warmer for longer

Brilliant. I have got couple of clean bricks, so I might give it a go today - oven is going to be on for some cake baking anyway. Hurrah! :)

I am doing the brick experiment:wave:
I am fortunate to have an aga to heat them in so i dont have to purposly put the oven on.
I put the brick in, and forgot about it:oops: So it was in the oven for an hour at 190degrees. Obviously it was too hot to hold when i got it out. Its now wrapped in a towel in a hutch, i will go out evey couple of hours to see how hot it is staying.
How is everyone else doing with their bricks?:lol:

I am doing the brick experiment:wave:
I am fortunate to have an aga to heat them in so i dont have to purposly put the oven on.
I put the brick in, and forgot about it:oops: So it was in the oven for an hour at 190degrees. Obviously it was too hot to hold when i got it out. Its now wrapped in a towel in a hutch, i will go out evey couple of hours to see how hot it is staying.
How is everyone else doing with their bricks?:lol:

Oooo please keep us updated - you can be our official brick advisor :D

Oooh, jealous of the aga!!

Brick and chocolate orange muffins are in the oven now!! :)

ETA: Out of the oven now - brick a little too hot as oven temp had to be high for the muffins...

P1030052.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
Brick update

Hummm. Brick is not very warm, its only been out two hours.:(
I wonder if there are different qualities of bricks:? The one i have has three big holes through it, i am sure a solid brick would be better.
I need to go to a building merchants and check out their bricks:lol:
I have never had that much interest in bricks before:lol:

Hummm. Brick is not very warm, its only been out two hours.:(
I wonder if there are different qualities of bricks:? The one i have has three big holes through it, i am sure a solid brick would be better.
I need to go to a building merchants and check out their bricks:lol:
I have never had that much interest in bricks before:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sebastian is grooming both the snuggle safe and the brick, not seen them sit on it yet. Its been an hour and a half will go check how hot it is soon :)

I believe that fire bricks are what you need as they retain the heat longer. Better still the bricks that they have in storage heaters as they give out heat more slowly and also retain the heat better.

Does anyone have a brick update :lol:

I heated mine this afternoon for an hour and they were scalding hot when i took them out and wrapped them up but within 3 hours, they were freezing.

Is that the best we can expect or shall I heat them for longer ?

I'm currently reheating them - they are solid bricks

please make sure that whatever you put the brick in or wrap it in when its hot, that the bunnies can't remove this covering and burn themselves on it.
sue:wave:

I believe that fire bricks are what you need as they retain the heat longer. Better still the bricks that they have in storage heaters as they give out heat more slowly and also retain the heat better.

Ooooo good point - gah why did I throw myold storage heaters out

Back