• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greenhouse Heaters

Don't see why not, as long as you protect the cable appropriately. We just bought one the other day - cheap tiny green electric thing in B&Q for our greenhouse and rather than being below zero last night it kept it at 5 degrees (on the thermostat set low).

But is it really necessary for bunsters? How do you folks with sheds keep your buns warm? We used to lock G&T away in their hutch with a cover over the top, that was the extent of their protection against the elements and they seemed fine in there for the four winters we had them.

Now we have a kennel/aviary so S&W can do as they please. We put hay in two big storage boxes, but if they sleep they tend to do so in the top shelf of the enclosed part of the kennel, which has no hay in but there is a small basked with a fleece in. Will they be warm enough like that or should I get them a fleecy mat type thing? I'm reluctant to put hay in there because it'll encourage them to use it as a litter tray.:D

My sheds are insulated, the doors are locked at night, and when the weather is below zero I have tubular heaters to keep off the frost.
They also have bed areas packed with hay that they all snuggle in.

It was -5 here last night (and still at 8am), but the rabbits in the sheds had warm ears and no frozen bowls.

I only use the heaters when its below zero outside, or for when they're poorly and don't need to be fighting the cold as well as an illness.

Back