• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Eating Happiness

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
Well i have been trying for ages to get Toffee to eat hay again. Daisy, Fuzzy and George eat hay no problem... But Toffee just refuses to eat it :?

So i brought two new bags of hay last week from Manor farm.
One of the new hays was Burgess Excel. Ive been mixing it in with their usual hay and putting it in their bowls and mixing it with pellets.

I put the hay in first... the boys come running to the front waiting for their food. George starts tucking into the hay while i get the pellet box and Toffee usually just sniffs it and waits for the pellets, not touching the hay. I put the pellets in and mix it all up in hope that some hay may go into Toffees mouth while he is eating the pellets :oops: :lol:

Well some must have been getting in there... because this morning when i put the hay in the bowls first, as usual, Toffee took a strand and started to nom it! :shock: It made my day :love:

I then put in the pellets, mixing it all up.

Its a start :love::love:

Im so happy that he ate some :oops: :lol:

Last edited:
Ps. Does anyone know where i can get bigger bags of the Excel hay? I can only find small bags? :?

Thanks Lou.

No, its not got herbs in, but i might try that one as well :lol:
Its a shame if they dont do bigger bags.. :roll:

Back