• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cage base - sticking lino to plywood..

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
would duct tape work? or do you think the self adhesive tiles would be better than a whole piece of lino?

it's to go under the buns cage :wave:

eta: oh, and i'm thinking of putting those little wheels on the base so i can easily move the cage... but if i climbed in the cage which i have to do sometimes :roll: would they hold my weight do you think! :oops:

No, I hate those tiles they are horrible. Water seeps into the gaps between the tiles and they become manky and the edges come up.

Defiately use a single piece :)

Duct tape would work, I used lots of double sided sticky tape. You could also use PVA glue, as long as it's underneath the vinyl and you let it dry and all the fumes go away before letting the buns near it.

I don't know what wheels you mean but I doubt they will take the weight of a human if it's for a pet cage :)

No, I hate those tiles they are horrible. Water seeps into the gaps between the tiles and they become manky and the edges come up.

Defiately use a single piece :)

Duct tape would work, I used lots of double sided sticky tape. You could also use PVA glue, as long as it's underneath the vinyl and you let it dry and all the fumes go away before letting the buns near it.

I don't know what wheels you mean but I doubt they will take the weight of a human if it's for a pet cage :)

i wondered if the tile edges would be a problem. ok, single piece it is then.

can't explain the wheels, they're like the ones on the bottom of suitcases and settees etc... :?

i dont have anything to stick mine down, was meant to but other half couldn't think of anything bun safe so just put it in, i thought he'd destroy it but he hasn't bothered with it at all, loads of toys to distract him seemed to do the trick :wave:

We didn't stick ours down, we sandwiched it round the edges with battens screwed into the base tightly.

You can get spray on stuff in BnQ etc that you spray onto the base and onto the lino back then stick together. Works brilliantly and my buns cant get it off.

And yes, if you got in there with the wheels on, it probably wounldnt do it any good! :oops: :lol::lol::lol: check the weight limit on the wheels but most are luggage weight e.g. 25kg not human weight!

hmm... suppose i could use plywood edges and screw it to the base, keeping the lino in place. wasn't sure if the screws would be a good idea, because i think they would chew the edges of the plywood if they were there. the edges would be on the outside of the grids.

argh, it's a nightmare moving the cage, just wanted an easy option to wheel it away to clean behind it... being lazy :lol:

i have to have the option to go in the cage though to clean the lino and change the blankets, and to scoop the buns out of the corner when they see the carrier ready to go to the vets! :roll:

hmm... suppose i could use plywood edges and screw it to the base, keeping the lino in place. wasn't sure if the screws would be a good idea, because i think they would chew the edges of the plywood if they were there. the edges would be on the outside of the grids.

argh, it's a nightmare moving the cage, just wanted an easy option to wheel it away to clean behind it... being lazy :lol:

i have to have the option to go in the cage though to clean the lino and change the blankets, and to scoop the buns out of the corner when they see the carrier ready to go to the vets! :roll:

Have found my bottom layer of the crate difficult to clean especially because of the ramp, I prop the ramp up with his chew and hide tube and I bought a hand held Hoover :oops: it's still hard on the old back though :lol:

Have found my bottom layer of the crate difficult to clean especially because of the ramp, I prop the ramp up with his chew and hide tube and I bought a hand held Hoover :oops: it's still hard on the old back though :lol:

it's a nightmare isn't it! and i'm sure i didn't used to struggle getting inside the cage as much as i do these days! :oops: when dan saw me leaning in he called me chesney (my piggy with a huge backside! :shock:) :lol:

they have a piece of lino in there now at one end and don't chew it, so hopefully they will leave a bigger piece alone aswell.

could i stick the lino to the carpet so i never have to hoover there! :oops:

Back