• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had to bring the bunnies back inside

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
My two buns who were indoors had to be put outside due to a foster bun we have with kidney failure needing to come inside. I hated to put them out but thought that way they would have more space etc and moved them into the fosters hutch (was cleaned etc of course, and they were moved months ago when it was warmer). I felt guilty and missed them terribly. The hutch the fosters have is one of those 6 foot ones with the 6"4 run underneath if that makes sense. I found though that once the ladder is in they didnt have much room at all. Also when i did put ladder in to let my buns into the run area all the cold wind and air whooshed up into the hutch bit. This meant in bad weather they only really had the hutch part which i don't agree with at all as they are used to so much more space. Sooooooooo i've made a pen in the living room for night time and run around in the day. Feel so relieved - i hadnt realised how much it was making me worry as ive been really stressed and feel so calm now :love: Sorry i know this isnt very interesting :lol:

Awww, i bet you missed them being indoors too!

Lucky bunnies are back in the warmth :D :love:

I really really did. I have a trio and a pair outside stiill but they are in shed/wendyhouse with attached run and have cozy boxes etc inside so i don't worry about them as they spend half their life in the run anyway :roll:
My little one i brought inside (mallow) is a mini rex but very teeny and i really worry about her being outside. Such a relief x

it is nice having bunnies inside.... Duke is indoors now that he's on his own and he and I are loving it! had to sacrifice half our dining room but the pleasure of having him there and his obvious enjoyment of such luxury makes it SO worthwhile :D

Back