• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes Please!! Update: He's Home!! :D

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
For my poor little Bernard, he is going to the vets tomorrow to be neutered and I'm so nervous and don't want him to go. I feel extremely guilty for putting him through this but it is all for a good cause, I feel even worse though because he has been on his own all day for the first time in weeks so Simon (oh) and I are sleeping on the sofa with him tonight!!

:cry::cry::cry: Pooor little baby!! I feel like a bad mummy as he has been really playful when we came home and I know what's going to happen to him tomorrow!!

I am going to be worrying ALL day!!

Update 15:22 ;
My boy is home & like the meaning of his name he has been 'as brave as a bear'
He recognised us straight away and when we brought him home he hopped straight into his cage and had a little nosy around. he is sleepy still but has settled a lot more than I was expecting.

He keeps coming up to the bars of his cage and looking at me wondering why he is locked in :( poor baby!

Last edited:
Sending Bernard Vibes for tomorrow,

I have three going to the vets tomorrow for spaying, I will be a nervous wreck by lunchtime :?

Lots of Vibes for Bernard!

So yuo know, a neuter for a male is not actually a complicated or complex operation, bucks normally bounce back fairly quickly :)

Lots of Vibes for Bernard!

So yuo know, a neuter for a male is not actually a complicated or complex operation, bucks normally bounce back fairly quickly :)

Thank you for all of your vibes and thankyou GrahamL for this it has made me feel better.

We spent the night on the sofa with him and he was so happy and this morning he snuggled his way underneath my hand and sat on my pillow licking it :cry:
I cried all morning through guilt just because I couldn't tell him what was going to happen and he will be so scared.

We have dropped him off now and are back home. Going to be such a long, horrible day and I'm so scared that he won't be the same bouncy, happy rabbit after this.

I don't know what i'm going to be like when we have children!! :lol:

Thank you for all of your vibes and thankyou GrahamL for this it has made me feel better.

We spent the night on the sofa with him and he was so happy and this morning he snuggled his way underneath my hand and sat on my pillow licking it :cry:
I cried all morning through guilt just because I couldn't tell him what was going to happen and he will be so scared.

We have dropped him off now and are back home. Going to be such a long, horrible day and I'm so scared that he won't be the same bouncy, happy rabbit after this.

I don't know what i'm going to be like when we have children!! :lol:

My OH actually had to come home from work, as she was sat there in bits. When she said goodbye that morning as we dropped him off at the vets she said these words to him...

"You're breaking mummys heart you are"

He came home that afternoon, very quiet. But in a couple of days was back to his normal self.

Do you have his accomodation etc sorted for when he gets home?

My OH actually had to come home from work, as she was sat there in bits. When she said goodbye that morning as we dropped him off at the vets she said these words to him...

"You're breaking mummys heart you are"

He came home that afternoon, very quiet. But in a couple of days was back to his normal self.

Do you have his accomodation etc sorted for when he gets home?

Awww that sounds just like me! I couldn't stop saying sorry to him this morning :(

We are clearing his cage out and replacing the saw dust with a couple of blankets that he likes as we thought it would be comfier for him and nicer on the wound. He always has his cage open and free run of the house anyway so if he would prefer not to be in there then he can come out.

We also have a little snuggle box next to his cage with soft bedding on.

Is there anything else you would advise?

Awww that sounds just like me! I couldn't stop saying sorry to him this morning :(

We are clearing his cage out and replacing the saw dust with a couple of blankets that he likes as we thought it would be comfier for him and nicer on the wound. He always has his cage open and free run of the house anyway so if he would prefer not to be in there then he can come out.

We also have a little snuggle box next to his cage with soft bedding on.

Is there anything else you would advise?

I would line his cage with newspaper and not let him free-range for 2-3 days personally.

They mustn't stretch too much, as it could open the wound. Whilst this is more important for does i would still recommend it personally. He needs to be kept contained for a while, so he does over stretch.

I would line his cage with newspaper and not let him free-range for 2-3 days personally.

They mustn't stretch too much, as it could open the wound. Whilst this is more important for does i would still recommend it personally. He needs to be kept contained for a while, so he does over stretch.

Thank you I will do this. Think I will do a bit of reading up on it before he gets home x

awww ... i know you love him very much .. im sure he will be fine ..

Oriana says she sends lots of bunny nose rubs and im sending lots of vibes .. :wave:

awww ... i know you love him very much .. im sure he will be fine ..

Oriana says she sends lots of bunny nose rubs and im sending lots of vibes .. :wave:

Awww thank you!!

We have called the vet, he is sleepy from the anesthetic but is coming round. We are picking him up at half past 2.

my poor little pickle :(

He's Home

My boy is home & like the meaning of his name he has been 'as brave as a bear'
He recognised us straight away and when we brought him home he hopped straight into his cage and had a little nosy around. he is sleepy still but has settled a lot more than I was expecting.

He keeps coming up to the bars of his cage and looking at me wondering why he is locked in poor baby!

Back