• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie bit me today, really hard :-(

martlou

Warren Veteran
As some of you will know we've been Panacuring the bunnies before we go on holiday at the weekend. Rosie really doesn't like being picked up but seemed to have got a bit more used to it over the last few days so I decided I'd carry on with the picking up so she continues to accept it. Anyway, she was in her bed this morning (which is where I've been picking her up from with no problems) and I stroked her a bit which was fine, then I put my hands out to pick her up and she did a big growl and launched herself at me. She's bitten a big lump of flesh on the heel of my hand, it bled and it really hurts :(.

I have to admit that I cried, partly because it hurt but partly because she must have been scared to have growled and bitten like that :(. I really don't want my little girl to be scared of me :(:(:( Neither of them have bitten either of us before :(:(

Oh gosh, I'm sorry! :(Your poor hand.:shock: I assume Rosie is spayed as she has a husbun, otherwise I would have thought hormones. It is upsetting when your bunny bites you because it is as likely to be fear things as aggression. You weren't wearing a new perfume? Spenser has only bitten me on rare occasions when for some reason I have held him for longer than he deems acceptable (ie. 10 seconds).

Aw, poor you :(

I bet you'll be so glad when all the panacurring is over.

:lol::lol:It is:lol::lol: We finished on Monday. But I thought I'd persevere with the increased handling. Clearly Rosie has other ideas!

Susiebun- yes, she's been spayed for about 18 months now. I didn't have any different clothes or smells, but she was busy digging in her bed and to be honest I think she was just annoyed that I'd interrupted her. It still upset me though :(

:lol::lol:It is:lol::lol: We finished on Monday. But I thought I'd persevere with the increased handling. Clearly Rosie has other ideas!

Susiebun- yes, she's been spayed for about 18 months now. I didn't have any different clothes or smells, but she was busy digging in her bed and to be honest I think she was just annoyed that I'd interrupted her. It still upset me though :(

:lol: She must have known there was no need to be picked up today!

In Spenser's opinion there is NEVER any need to be picked up. He considers it a serious affront to his bunny dignity.:no: He might improve if I get his bits seen to, but that is unlikely to be before next spring.

Back