• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sorted ..thank you

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
As title ..

preferably over 2 years old .

mini lop or lionhead would be first choice but will consider other

litter trained would be and advantage and preferably not a chewer as would be housebun .

To bond with bun 7 year old so calm nature an advantage

dont mind minor health probs , behaviour probs towards humans or long fur .

:?

Last edited:
I have a small, fairly timid, spayed, litter trained doe, who I am desperate to find a new home for.

On Sunday her mate was killed by a fox and I cannot bear to keep her all alone in a hutch for the rest of her life, she is only 2 1/2 yrs :(

I can't get another bunny friend for her as I now cannot let her out in the garden for fear the fox will come back. So right now she has gone from free running the garden with her friend every day, to being stuck in the hutch all alone all day :(

Please, please contact me if you can offer her a home with another bunny friend.

Thanks.

I ended up here on this site as I have been googling for the last 3 days trying to find somewhere for her.

I will not simply send her to send her to a rehoming centre as she may be rehomed alone, which would be no improvement to the situation she is in now :(

Thanks.

I ended up here on this site as I have been googling for the last 3 days trying to find somewhere for her.

I will not simply send her to send her to a rehoming centre as she may be rehomed alone, which would be no improvement to the situation she is in now :(

Glad you ended up here :) Just to say though most reputable rehoming centres - especially rabbit specific ones will only rehome single buns if they are to be bonded with another.

Glad you ended up here :) Just to say though most reputable rehoming centres - especially rabbit specific ones will only rehome single buns if they are to be bonded with another.

That's good to know. I have seen many sites that say they would "prefer" rabbits to be rehomed in pairs, but I want to be "certain" she is not alone.

I am acutely aware of how many bunnies end up stuck in a hutch alone, after the novelty has worn off :(

I would keep her and get her a new friend, if it weren't for the threat of the fox returning, and the added problem that I have recently been told that a woman a few doors down feeds the foxes, therefore attracting them to our area (the fox clearly wasn't hungry, he didn't eat Dinky, just ........:censored:

2a9p1rm.jpg

I think she is wondering why there is a bunny hiding in the plug socket :love:

9gg8hu.jpg

Last edited:
That's good to know. I have seen many sites that say they would "prefer" rabbits to be rehomed in pairs, but I want to be "certain" she is not alone.

I am acutely aware of how many bunnies end up stuck in a hutch alone, after the novelty has worn off :(

I would keep her and get her a new friend, if it weren't for the threat of the fox returning, and the added problem that I have recently been told that a woman a few doors down feeds the foxes, therefore attracting them to our area (the fox clearly wasn't hungry, he didn't eat Dinky, just ........:censored:

We have foxes across the other side of the road to our house. The lady next door but one feeds them. We don't have any problems with fox attacks despite them visiting. All of the bunnies have attached runs to their hutches and sheds - can you not provide a secure run in order that you can keep your rabbit?

We have foxes across the other side of the road to our house. The lady next door but one feeds them. We don't have any problems with fox attacks despite them visiting. All of the bunnies have attached runs to their hutches and sheds - can you not provide a secure run in order that you can keep your rabbit?

I could easlily make runs for her, but I believe that now the fox has the taste he will be back. A determined fox can easily get in a rabbit run, unless it is burried below the ground, and even if it doesn't get in, the terror for the rabbit seeing the fox trying to get in (especially as I suspect she saw what happened to Dinky) would be enought to put her into shock.

On another seperate, possibly selfish note, finding what I found on Sunday when I went to put the bunnies to bed is not something I can ever risk seeing ever again :cry: I am only thankful that my DD (10) hadn't gone to put them to bed, as she normally does. It was by pure fluke that I went out instead of her that day. It doesn't bear thinking about :(

I have had my two bunnies in the garden for the last 2 1/2 years without a single sniff of trouble, so you assume it's all OK, then Sunday I come home and Dinky is missing his :censored:

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss Jeffrey.

We have a Rainbow Bridge section on which you can post a tribute to Dinky if you like.

I hope your girlie has a happy ending.

:wave:

Thanks for everyone's lovely comments.

I think she's beautiful too. I have my fingers crossed that things will work out for her :)

Back