• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another new bun

Pegasys

Alpha Buck
I took another bun from the vets a few weeks ago, her name is Missy and she is a special little lady. She is six and a half years old and is blind in one eye and partially sighted in the other. Her owner took her in to be put to sleep because she thought she wasn't coping but agreed to let the vets try and find someone to take her instead. She was quite badly infested with mites but that has cleared up with a course of ivermectin. I am hopefully going to bond her with a couple of my other buns, most of them are 'special' too so she should fit in quite well here :) She seems to be doing very well so I am glad she was saved from being put to sleep :)

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

She really is totally adorable! How can anyone just take a bun to the vet like that :censored:I so pleased your looking after her, well done you!! :D

If you thought she wasn't doing well and asked your vet and they agreed - if you didnt know what you knew now about bunnies, you may well do the same thing.

You dont know that person, i feel it a little harsh to condemn them like that.

I do agree, the bunny is in a great place now (well done Pegasys for that!).

I know sometimes, people do it because they couldnt care less, but did you think perhaps the original owner thought they might be doing the best for the bunny? Quality of Life over Quantity of Life?

lovely bunny, her marking are lovely i have never seen tem like that before. glad she got to have a lovely forever home with you.

From what I heard the owner did care for her, the nurse that dealt with her said she was very upset. Missy has been spayed and used to live with a neutered male the same age as her but he passed away and then Missy started to get a bit run down and got mites etc, so her owner thought she wasn't coping anymore. She paid for Missy's mite treatment as well, I think she just wanted what was best for her but was maybe unable to get another rabbit or couldn't spend enough time with her.

She seems to be coping ok now but I do think she will really benefit from having some bunny company again :)

Back