• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay advice please

xxleannexx

New Kit
my bun is not a great hay eater, so whilst we was at then vets today i got the vet to have a good look at his teeth, he said they are ok at the moment but he can that some probs could arise in the near future.

so i need to get him to eat more hay desperatley before it does become a problem.

can anyone recommend any tasty hays please? and how i should go about encouraging this apart from cutting his pellets down abit.

thanks.

If you go on 'The Hay Experts' website, you can get a variety of different hays there. There is also sample bags which you can buy to see which hay your bunny prefers then buy aq bigger bag!

Hope this helps!

or or animal magic :D i think there still doing samples and part of the money goes to a rescue :D hang on one moment and ill find a link :D my casper is a very fussy eater and he muched 2 of the:D 4 hay samples i got =]

Before spending money on expendive hay how many pellets are you feeding a day? Sometimes you can be over feeding without realising. If rabbits have too many pellets they won't eat their hay :wave:

he is one small portion of pellets a day, then there is always hay there and i do give him veg and the odd bit of fruit, i also offer him these dried garden herbs which he doesn't really like either.

he does free range in the garden so has always eaten as much grass as he wants, is this ok?

Thanks for the links and website suggestions will def have a look on them.

he is one small portion of pellets a day, then there is always hay there and i do give him veg and the odd bit of fruit, i also offer him these dried garden herbs which he doesn't really like either.

he does free range in the garden so has always eaten as much grass as he wants, is this ok?

Thanks for the links and website suggestions will def have a look on them.

I heard a great description the other day of how many pellets for a pair of rabbits is enough. Get a small hamster food bowl, fill it and that will feed 2 rabbits enough pellets for the day.

I used to think a small portion was half a rabbit bowl until I joined here. The grass is really good for him. Hay amounts quoted normally mean hay and or grass as they do pretty much the same thing. However stalky hay wears down teeth a little better.

oh really i didn't realise the grass did a similar thing! he has a lot of fresh grass as he spends all day free-ranging in the garden. well today is the day i am going hay shopping! so hopefully will find something he likes.

Thanks for all the replies.

Back