• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad news for Waffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Due to his dental times not increasing, o/h has offered me a harsh ultimatum-

Find him a special home, or pts :cry:

I am heartbroken at him saying this, and spent from 5am to 8am crying (when I finally got to bed)

He describes him as a waste of money as he will never get better, and moans I will always be in debt due to his £120 4 weekly dentals.

As a last resort, I am asking if anyone knows of any vets in the Dagenham or Kingston area who do cheaper conscious dentals, who are rabbit savvy. x

very harsh of your o/h. :( i would also be gutted if my o/h said something like that to me.

i hope something can be sorted. xxx

How big is Waffle? I only pay £60 for Bubbles to have GA dentals (it's in Grays though, so too far for you probably) but she is tiny, so that probably makes it cheaper.

Is Waffle on his own? Sally always goes in with Feegal when he has a dental. God Kris is he friendly? (Oliver is going to kill me if he sees this:()

Or is he too poorly to bond? Does he need free feeding?

Thank you Liz.

And thanks Karen, I will put it to him about the difference in cost.

It is his molars that he has dentals for. He also has elongated teeth roots.

I generally give him a handful of food a day, and he is fine on that as he is meant to be on all hay, but does not eat enough to warrant a stable weight.

He is living with 7 others at the moment, and loves rabbit company.

I really want him and know my vet is fantastic with rabbits, its just I know Oliver would say no and he wouldn't let me get Isabel too:( How long does your vet think he can last? Is it indefinite?

I love dental buns.

Please don't let him be PTS :( I know this is really hard for you, but its not fair for him to die if its just the cost thats the problem.

If it comes to pts I am sure we can find a space for him here Kris.

If Hugo's there can't help I am sure we can help find someone who will, however I know Hugo's there is a fantastic home :)

Hope you are ok xx

I have adamantly said to him I will not PTS a healthy rabbit while he is not showing signs of discomfort from his teeth roots, I could never forgive myself.

He said he is just thinking logically :(

He has them every 4 weeks like clockwork, down to the date usually, and we have not been able to put any extra time between dentals :(

I hope someone can take him for yu! you have been having a right **** time recently! I can't afford it, but I would if I could..

:cry:Im so sorry for your situation...can undertsand OH logic but wouldnt be able to PTS either....hope someone can help you with this....:)

Ditch the OH and get someone with a heart that rules their head.

Oh, ok. I expect to see the payments for the vet bills from you in the post within the month. Cool? No? Oh, that's too bad.

I'm looking out for me and my girlfriend's ability to live, she should never have started the rescue in the first place, I'm just a student, she has no income, I'm currently paying for her vet bills bit by bit out of my own (limited) pocket because I do, in fact, have a heart, but we can't afford to have a rabbit racking up hideous amounts of bills, we're hard up as it is.

I know you all love the little fuzzy bunnies, but when it comes to a toss up between being able to live without worrying about whether we'll have enough money for rent, bills and food or slightly extending the life of a creature that is going to die a horrific death of having its teeth grow through its brain anyway I think I know what my choice is.

If any of you really think I'm such a ******* for putting my own species, and indeed my own loved ones first, as I say, feel free to pay for the bills, really, I don't want to kill an animal when it can be avoided, but it's just not viable.

Apologies if I seem a bit ratty, but I don't like when people start attacking me for having some sense. -.o;

Oh, ok. I expect to see the payments for the vet bills from you in the post within the month. Cool? No? Oh, that's too bad.

I'm looking out for me and my girlfriend's ability to live, she should never have started the rescue in the first place, I'm just a student, she has no income, I'm currently paying for her vet bills bit by bit out of my own (limited) pocket because I do, in fact, have a heart, but we can't afford to have a rabbit racking up hideous amounts of bills, we're hard up as it is.

I know you all love the little fuzzy bunnies, but when it comes to a toss up between being able to live without worrying about whether we'll have enough money for rent, bills and food or slightly extending the life of a creature that is going to die a horrific death of having its teeth grow through its brain anyway I think I know what my choice is.

If any of you really think I'm such a ******* for putting my own species, and indeed my own loved ones first, as I say, feel free to pay for the bills, really, I don't want to kill an animal when it can be avoided, but it's just not viable.

Apologies if I seem a bit ratty, but I don't like when people start attacking me for having some sense. -.o;

Would you not even afford Kris enough time to find Waffle a new home? He could live a long time yet and putting him to sleep on the offchance that 'his teeth are going to grow into his brain' seems a bit unfair. It's not Waffle's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back