• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herman Bunster is having tests - not looking good - liver cancer

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Herman has been admitted for more tests and a dental today, he has also had his peg teeth re-removed.

Initial blood tests indicate a possible tumour and liver problems :cry: So he is now having an ultrasound to see if we can get any further information

I knew he was a poorly bunny :(

Last edited:
Any news, or have you run out of fingernails to chew? :( Hoping and praying for some good news; it's the least you all deserve.

Just got off the phone to the vet :cry:

He has a very abnormal liver and it seems likely that his time is extremely limited :(

Kris's vet estimated him to be around a year old, but our vet says he is definitely over 5 and is more likely to be 7 or 8 years given the state of his molars :?

While he is happy all we can do is keep him as comfortable as possible and spoil him during his remaining months.

He is on antibiotics for his peg teeth removal and is having a check up next week.

It is the news I was expecting but it doesn;t make it any easier :cry:

I must say I am extremely impressed with this vet and we will use her as much as we can, its a shame we are finding the distance a bit of a problem with Steve's hours. I wont even tell you what one of our usual vets did to one of our bunnies this week, I could happily go up there and slap someone at the moment :roll:

I'm sorry it's bad news, but at least Herman is in the best place to make the most of what time he has. And it was lovely to see his little face peeking out of the envelope when I opened my packet of cards on Monday. :love:

Whilst that's not brilliant news for Herman, at least he has landed with someone who will probably do more for him in the short time he has left than his previous owners did in his first 7 or 8 years.

Hope its something that can be managed for him, andI dread to think what the vet did:shock:

I'm so sorry it wasn't better news Liz. :( I hope Wesley enjoys life for as long as possible.

I'm glad you're happy with the current vet... I dread to think what happened at the other place. :shock: :?

Lets just say we took a bunny in last week who had a dental check and the all clear, and less than a week later same bunny needed an urgent dental due to multiple spurs and lacerations to the tongue, and it was then implied that WE had left it too long :shock:

Lets just say we took a bunny in last week who had a dental check and the all clear, and less than a week later same bunny needed an urgent dental due to multiple spurs and lacerations to the tongue, and it was then implied that WE had left it too long :shock:

:shock::shock::shock:

:shock::shock: I honestly don't know what to say.... I'm speechless. :shock:

His weight loss reminded me of Otto. :cry:

With 3 meals a day he has actually put on 100g but we have worked really hard to get there. The vet did say when the weight loss is extreme that when we call it a day, so the more we can get in to him the better :)

I am really saddened to hear this. :(
Poor bunny, it really upsets me that this bunny has gone through so much in the last 7-8 years.
I'm so glad hes with you and enjoying the time he has left.
Vibes to you and Steve x

Awww sorry to hear it wasn't good news, however as others have said, he's in the best possible place to receive all the love and care he needs! xx

Back