• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Buns Having Oudoor Time In Cold ?

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Hi
just wondered if its still ok for my buns to go outside now its really cold as they live indoors and the heating is going on now, so how do you get on as the temperature change is quite a lot xxxx

I would say definately not.

Indoor buns dont have the coat to handle the cold and the temperature difference could cause some harm.

HTH.

I would never put my indoor bunnies out in this.

That said, my set up wouldn't allow for it. If they can choose to come back inside when they want, then its more ok.

The door is open for them to come back into the house at all times but i think they have just answered my question anyway they put there noses out and went strait back in there cage so maybe outside time will have to stop for a while:lol:

The door is open for them to come back into the house at all times but i think they have just answered my question anyway they put there noses out and went strait back in there cage so maybe outside time will have to stop for a while:lol:

:lol: Sorted.

I think it's more harmful letting outdoor buns inside for running around time as they have to go back out into the cold. The fact that your buns may be in the cold but can come back into the warmth i don't feel is that bad.
I let my indoors out for short periods of time and they cope well. Saying that my house isn't really that warm anyway.
As long as they aren't out for long periods of time i'm sure they would appreciate the exercise.

my two go out once a week during cleaning (they just sit in the carry case while I move the run out of the conservatory to clean) they quite enjoy it as they're normally outdoor bunnies :wave:

Louie goes out everyday, whatever the weather, I just leave the conservatory door open and he pleases himself!

The cat goes outside as well and her coat isn't particularly thick!

esme has sneaked out into the cold on a few mornings but it seems that she just wants her usual run around, sniff and binky then she comes back in. she gets a right face on her if i don't let her out at all:lol:

she doesn't stay out long - unless its raining:roll:

esme has sneaked out into the cold on a few mornings but it seems that she just wants her usual run around, sniff and binky then she comes back in. she gets a right face on her if i don't let her out at all:lol:

she doesn't stay out long - unless its raining:roll:

Louie does too, scratches at the conservatory door :roll:

well i bring my outdoor bunnies in for an hour or two every night for a run around, and they seem to cope fine:) i just leave all the windows open in my room and make sure the radiator is off. i end up feeling so cold and they're just binkying round my room!:lol:

Back