• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pen advice.

chul

Staff member
I'd like help in deciding what pen to buy. It would be for Bunski to attach to his dog crate when we go out, but also to put up in the living room to let Bruno (guinea pig) run round in.

I have no idea about pens at all! Don't want too large, just enough to give Bunsk a bit more space, and little bruno somewhere other than his cage!

I'd like help in deciding what pen to buy. It would be for Bunski to attach to his dog crate when we go out, but also to put up in the living room to let Bruno (guinea pig) run round in.

I have no idea about pens at all! Don't want too large, just enough to give Bunsk a bit more space, and little bruno somewhere other than his cage!

very much depends on how much space you have :)

i have 3 different pens.

a Savic Puppy Pen (4foot x 4foot)
a 'small animal pen' (6 panels 2footx2foot)
a 'Pets @ Home Medium Pen' (6 panels, 2.5foot x 2 foot)

and the new dog crate heh

I dont have too much space, the smaller the better, as long as its worth having one!

I'd go for the Trixie pen made of panels, this way you can make the shape you need. Plus they fix onto a dog crate really easy with cable ties. I did this last January when I was iffy about leaving mine free-ranging for a whole week. i have photos but they aren't very clear unfortunately.

Last edited:
the ebay one is cheaper, it can be moved into different shapesand the size can be altered by folding a panel back on itself if needed - great. I attached mine to the dog crate with zip ties

Sorry for the poor light ing but this is how I had mine

cage2.jpg

the door was zip tied open and the spare panels went down the side of the cratein a bigger room I could have had it a bit bigger

It would be my choice if you have space for it. I was lucky when i fostered Fudge he stayed in but one fosterbun - Dave used to jump onto the top of the crate and get out that way so you may need the net too :D

I will measure the space tonight. Would it be ok for a guinea pig inside it too?

Yes but pigs and buns shouldnt be housed together - I guess you mean seperately?

Yes! I mean Bunsk would be using it attached to the crate, and then when he is free ranging, move it downstairs to let bruno into in the living room! I don't want Bruno free range with Bunsk incase he gets hurts, so want him in a pen.

Yes! I mean Bunsk would be using it attached to the crate, and then when he is free ranging, move it downstairs to let bruno into in the living room! I don't want Bruno free range with Bunsk incase he gets hurts, so want him in a pen.

sorry - was just checking :) Zip ties might not be the best thing in that case you will need something you can undo to move it around

sorry - was just checking :) Zip ties might not be the best thing in that case you will need something you can undo to move it around

Don't worry, I'd have asked somone the same thing!! :lol: Thanks for your help!

Back