• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noodle is back home!

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
She ate last night and went to bed....

This morning she didnt run out for her food like the rest of the bunnies..... She was lying down in the hutch. Its been really icy and with her having only 3 legs she may have got cold....

She has been to the vets already who has given a shot of metaclopramide and some 'fibreplex' to take home... however my ex said they told him to force feed her.... but she has a blockage so im not comfortable with this...

she had a sip of water... her belly seems swollen and the vets think it may also be bloat, but my ex said he heard her belly rumbling and groaning.

She is holding her belly in like when she got neutered (tensing) , vets said she has put weight on....

it seems sudden caused by the cold maybe.......... and the longer nights having bigger gaps between meals..

She is now in the house keeping warm by a radiator......... help please....

to forcefeed or not? I have offered plantain, pelletts, hay and smoothie- none of which she wants

vibes and advice re blockage / bloat / cold please

Last edited:
Lots and lots of vibes for poor Noodle, and thinking of you! Hope someone more knowledgeable comes along with advice.

Fluids, both oral and SQ are an essential.
What pain relief did she receive ?

i wish i could tell you, i wasnt home and my ex took her... i think it was metacam but cant be certain. She didnt have a fluid injection.... but she has been sipping it.........

She now has a little hot water bottle next to her

Not really got any advice either but I hope she'll be ok.

When Thistle gave me a little scare and refused his food one morning, I plonked him out in the garden for a wander and that got him munching again. I think it was a mixture of the movement dispersing the gas and the manky dried up leaves he found to nibble on! :roll:

Ross has just gone out to fetch some infacol.... does anyone know how much I should give.... she is a large bunny but not a giant....

Thanks

Jemma

shes not moving and her eyes are closing, am going to give her infacol then she is being admitted..........

how much do i give please someone help

Sorry, only just seen this.

Sorry Noodle is ill, sending posiitve thoughts for her.

In the past I have give 0.5ml infacol, regardless on size and been ok with it, not sure on the correct dosage though.

Really hope she pulls through.

If I was you I'd give her lots of body contact and snuggles if she'll take it without it stressing her.

Back