• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please someone tell me no more

weeble

I called into the rspca I volunteer for today (I dont go often as I home check and fundraise) and I met Donald bun. Donald has been there for nearly a year now he is a middle aged agouti bun and has teeth problems so doesnt stand much chance of being rehomed :(

He is soooooo friendly though he just sat in my arms for ages being snuggled. Please can someone tell me I dont have space for anymore :(

Last edited:
Awww, are you sure you dont have space? :oops:

He sounds lovely, and bunnies with problems do tend to stay in rescues much longer :(

But if you dont have room then just hope... hope that someone with room can take him. :love:

Just remember we cant give them all homes :(

Ask yourself whether he will have a better life with you than where he is now - can you give him more love/space/time?

If not then say no - but if you can then think about it.

I now have a ridiculous amount of buns (20) but they are all better here than where they were so thats fine.

He has misaligned teeth and at the moment he is having a lot of regular dentals, he also has runny eyes so it would be a bit of a commitment to take on. I think I would possibly look into removing his teeth.

Yes I could offer him a better life and yes I can afford it space is the issue I have but it is a very important one and I dont want to compromise my exisiting buns space

I have a 7.5 x 5.5 shed which Albert and Evie live in. It doesnt have a run attached due to lack of space where the shed is and Alberts feet issues, they do get free range time on grass however. I know in my heart this isnt big enough for three buns I just need someone to remind me!!!

Donald - clicky

I was going to tell you no and read you the riot act but I have just looked at his picture and he is:love::love::love::love::love: so I am not a lot of help sorry:lol::lol:

I was going to tell you no and read you the riot act but I have just looked at his picture and he is:love::love::love::love::love: so I am not a lot of help sorry:lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Thanks Theo. He was so cute busy playing with his newspaper when I got there and rearranging his pen

This is the reason why my husband won't let me go to animal shelters...But that didn't stop us takng in a 7 week old feral kitten, on the basis that we were going to rehome him...He is now 6 months old and still with us!

As for Donald, if you feel that you would be doing the best by taking him home, then I can understand that. Is there any way to rearrange the space you have to maximise? What you will have to tell yourself, though, if you do go ahead, is that you cannot rehome them all. It is horrible, I know, but there is a limit that you can do.

This is the reason why my husband won't let me go to animal shelters...But that didn't stop us takng in a 7 week old feral kitten, on the basis that we were going to rehome him...He is now 6 months old and still with us!

As for Donald, if you feel that you would be doing the best by taking him home, then I can understand that. Is there any way to rearrange the space you have to maximise? What you will have to tell yourself, though, if you do go ahead, is that you cannot rehome them all. It is horrible, I know, but there is a limit that you can do.

I know I do tell myself I am just being weak and need all you lovely RUers to tell me too

He's only a small bun so he would fit in lovely if the bonding went OK. A shed sounds great about the same size as my playhouse and they would get free range time too. Sorry not much help here either :lol:

:lol::lol: Thanks Theo. He was so cute busy playing with his newspaper when I got there and rearranging his pen

Isn't it funny how they can do things to pull on our heart strings:roll::lol::lol:, he is gorgeous though:love::love::love:

Back