• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggles safes good idea or not hmmm

Mrs Ord

Mama Doe
I've got some comming for my bunnies who are having their first outside Winter. I bottled it last year and brought them in but at the time I only had Dexter and Lilly and by the time they went back out my lights on the christmas tree didn't and still don't work and there was and still is a hole in the carpet where Dexter decided to dig :shock:

Anyway they have partners now so i'm not so worried. Dexter and Jasper have hutch with attached run. They have two huge fleeces over the hutch and a tarp on top of that. I've also made fleece curtains to close when its really windy around the run.

Lilly and Carlisle have the shed and are currently under the old workbench which I boarded to make a sort of hutch (its actually quite impressive ;)) with a little hole to get in and out. This also has a fleece covering the sides for extra warmth.

I'm wondering if the heatpads are a good idea though. I'm worried they might stop them getting used to the cold properly or worst case induce a moult. I only intend to use the overnight but i'm worried that they'll then feel the cold through the day. What do you think????

I think Snugglesafes are a good idea for when the temps get below zero, and also under water bowls.

It only creates a small heat and they can move on and off as appropriate. Imagine sitting in hairdryer heat. It wouldn't make you suddenly change into summer clothes, it would just maybe make you a bit warmer, and them you might move away.

They will benefit from them, for sure.

I've been wondering about getting some, but as my 2 are still chucking their bedding all over the place I can only assume they aren't cold yet :roll:

Im really pleased with mine.:D
Even if they don't use them.
Makes me feel better putting them in. Then I won't worry.
The choice is thiers
So I'd go for it and give it a try :D

Back