• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my female bunny was spayed a few weeks ago

jill

Warren Scout
hi i had muffy spayed a few weeks back and shes pileing on weight :shock:
she gets fed 2 times a day a scoop full with veg once a day, but she feels like a fat teddy when i pick her up is there a bunny diet, to stop her gaining any more its happend
so fast :shock:

Hi :wave:

Spaying any animal won't cause weight gain, it will be due to other factors.

What pellets is she fed on? You say she has a "scoop full", is that of pellets? If so then that's way too much. Her diet should consist mainly of hay with veggies and approx an eggcup full of pellets once a day.

I had a weight gain problem with one of my buns after she had a leg amputates as she wasn't as mobile, as well as hay 24/7 (as all mine have) I cut her pellets right down. She lost weight quite quickly and maintained it well.

Do you feed alot of carrots? They can cause weight gain if more than a chunk is fed a few times a week.

Hope that helps?

I think i must be feeding to much food as you said
its cos she always looks hungry when her bowls empty :oops:
il have to change that right away or il have to open a bunny fat camp

They ought to empty their bowl within a few minutes. The rest of their diet needs to be hay. Around 90% hay. They should be grazing on that all day and not need any more food other than a handful of greens.

they have hay all the time heres me thinking iam feeding just right good job i posted
or id have 11 fat bunnys :oops:

i must say i have seen with alot of animals that when they have been nuetured they do seem more hungry, due to change in hormones but, letting her have the right food i.e lots of hay and a very small amount of pellets she wont be hungry but hay is alot less likely to make her gain wieght :)

Back