• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frosty Weather

You could drape a thick blanket over the roof to insulate it? Then put a plastic cover over that?
Give buns a snugglesafe if not done so already.
sue:wave:

Have to admit I woke up this morning saw the frost on my windows and shot on with my slippers on to check my buns.

I have tried thick cardboard under foot at the bottom of my pairs big hutch. I used some heavy duty greenhouse bubble wrap across the roof and a tarp over that. The snugglesafe helps too.

However I am setting up the overnight playpens in my cool kitchen rather than risk the rabbits well being as Teasel is over 8.

its currently got that silver backed bubble insulation on the roof but that doesnt seem to help :(
Im hoping to get some ply tonight to board up but I dont think that will help much :(

You could drape a thick blanket over the roof to insulate it? Then put a plastic cover over that?
Give buns a snugglesafe if not done so already.
sue:wave:

I was thinking of doing this with mine but was worried that the blanket might get damp in this cold weather (dunno if its just because we're by the sea but everything seems to be getting damp) and then hold the cold in!?! Or even freeze!!! :shock:

i have dog/kennel runs.......inside the kennel part i have put a 3ft hutch in, taken a door off, stuffed it with straw and then covered it with a quilt.
i am hoping if they got cold then they would go inside it. but i actually think they like sitting on top. :roll:

Back