• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allen & Page?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Hi I just placed an order for 10kg bag of Allen and Page, the rescue rabbits are on Wagg Optimum and mine are on Science Selective, I found A&P had similar properties to SS and simlar price to Wagg Optimum. Anyone else had experience with these? Have I been a numpty in buying such a big bag of it :lol:

I really hope my bunnies approve. :roll:

It's fine, being a pressed pellet with high fibre it's pretty good. However, it has a very short shelf life and does go moldy if you don't use it quickly and store it well, and some rabbits lose condition on it, particularly over the winter for some reason.

I mix it with SS and Oxbow TT

It's fine, being a pressed pellet with high fibre it's pretty good. However, it has a very short shelf life and does go moldy if you don't use it quickly and store it well, and some rabbits lose condition on it, particularly over the winter for some reason.

I mix it with SS and Oxbow TT

What is Oxbow TT sorry I've only heard of Oxbow Timothy Hay.
I'll mix it with SS as the small bags are an okay price, mind my Dawn may through a tantrum she hates the wagg and gets a mix of wag and SS. She'll eat the SS and leave the wagg for a few hours and then go back. :lol:

Oh and what sort of storage should I use? Currently I use a plastic bin with lid.

We use A&P as the Fibre content is EXCELLENT!
Jimby actually prefered the taste of them to SS and Oxbow.
His favorite was Excel which is what he was on before we found A&P but we all know why Excel tastes so good, the amount of **** they put in to it.
We use a cereal box with flip lid to store it in. We made the mistake of getting a large bag of it but because our littlens do not get many pellets per day it expired way before we were even half way through it so that was a major waste of money but hey ho, we have now got a 750g bag from AnimalMagic for £1.00 which expires end of January.

Sorry, Oxbow Bunny Basics Timothy T - it's a very high fibre non-alfalfa pressed pellet. Much more costly than most other pellets but such a good pellet.

I keep the A and P sack in a plastic container that isn't quite air tight. YOu don't want it to get damp, but I'm not sure it would want to be kept totally sealed either.

I store all of my feeds outside in a shed so I have to check for dampness. My last bag of AandP had bloom on it - it was stored in the sack open to the air - it didn't like it at all, hence now storing it in the partially protected container.

We use A&P as the Fibre content is EXCELLENT!
Jimby actually prefered the taste of them to SS and Oxbow.
His favorite was Excel which is what he was on before we found A&P but we all know why Excel tastes so good, the amount of **** they put in to it.
We use a cereal box with flip lid to store it in. We made the mistake of getting a large bag of it but because our littlens do not get many pellets per day it expired way before we were even half way through it so that was a major waste of money but hey ho, we have now got a 750g bag from AnimalMagic for £1.00 which expires end of January.

I have 8 rabbits, and currently 9 foster buns under my roof :lol: I may run out before the expire date.

Back