• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the difference?

I didn't even know there were two types. Spenser loves plantain, and I give him a sprinkling on his hay every day. I get the Burns packets.

I think Thumps & Parsnipbun would possibly know....even a few others....maybe put the thread in diet or a link..may help!

I know there are 2 types...but dont know the difference it has on buns tums etc.

sorry not much help:roll::lol:!

I don't think theres much difference nutritionally, I think its just the size of the plant, the narrow leaf always tends to be a bigger plant. Maybe one contains more sugars. I should remember this from grass management at college!

Nothing I should imagine. Just two different varieties of the same plant species, that appear to prefer different soil types to one another. Broad-leaved plantain seems to like damper ground whereas ribwort seems to like sandier, drier soil. :wave:

Nothing I should imagine. Just two different varieties of the same plant species, that appear to prefer different soil types to one another. Broad-leaved plantain seems to like damper ground whereas ribwort seems to like sandier, drier soil. :wave:

I agree with PL that there's little nutritional difference.
Weight for weight, narrow leaf has a bit more fiber in it than broad leaf.
They are both mild diuretics (make your bun wee more) so make sure your bun is drinking well when you give them.
Thumper seems to know a difference though. There are times when he prefers one & not the other & vice versa.

I stop them when Thumps is starting to need a dental cos he doesn't drink as much & could get dehydrated or go into stasis.

Back