• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

F***! - UD Home now-Houston we have nomming!!

smoo

Mama Doe
Heard some noises from the bunny room and I walk in to find Indy INSIDE Luna cage,
I'm so angry at myself :censored::censored::censored::censored:
I'd just put Luna away so I could let Indy out and I forgot to close the top of her cage and Indy jumped in.
F***F***F***F***F***
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
I walked him and there sitting seperate so I quickly whipped Indy out and he felt damp underneath and Luna started cleaning herself so I have seriously :censored: up!!
I'm going to phone the vets in the morning as Indy is booked in anyway and see if I can swap it over to Luna... i'm sure that it shouldn't be a problem.
If I can savange enough money i'll see if they can do both.

ARGH I'M SO ANGRY !!!

Last edited:
Oh dear, it happens though so don't beat yourself up....the important thing is, you're doing something about it :)

They are boy/girl and they are not done Indy's appointment was tomorrow
i'm so upset with myself i'm having a little cry!!
I can't believe i've been so stupid

Oh, don't feel upset! I'm sure that's happened to loads of people before. I'd switch the appointment and take Luna tomorrow instead and then problem solved. :):wave:

Oh sweetheart these things happen, it wasn't intentional, it was an accident. Don't beat yourself up about it. Is she old enough to have an emergency spay?

(((((hugs)))))

It was a mistake - not done on purpose xxxxx (well Indy might have done it on purpose :lol: ) xxxxxx

Last edited:

Awwww hun it was an accident and is fixable. I would get your girl done straight away ie the next few days and your male bun as soon as you can afford to do so. Dont forget it will take a few weeks for hormones to die down if you are planning on bonding

She is 22 weeks old ish so lets say between 5-6 months, as i'm not exactly sure of the date when they were born.

I'm so upset because i've been so careful and he was booked in tomorrow!!

Question though, if I get her speyed can they still go together or will Indy's humping be too excessive?

She is 22 weeks old ish so lets say between 5-6 months, as i'm not exactly sure of the date when they were born.

I'm so upset because i've been so careful and he was booked in tomorrow!!

Question though, if I get her speyed can they still go together or will Indy's humping be too excessive?

Oh most vets will spay at that age as long as she is healthy. They can but I would wait until a couple of weeks after he has been done too and things have settled

Thanks, yeah i'll wait untill they are both done as he's a randy little fella.
I wish I had enough money to do them both :evil::evil::evil::censored::censored::censored:

Thanks, yeah i'll wait untill they are both done as he's a randy little fella.
I wish I had enough money to do them both :evil::evil::evil::censored::censored::censored:

Dont worry about not having its not cheap and its nearly christmas. Have you talked to your vet about it? Are you confident that they are rabbit savvy and used to doing these ops?

I should think they would agree to spay her at that age. Mini was done a few days before she was 6 weeks old cos they wanted to xray her to see if she'd done any damage to her hip (she had and was back in theatre two days later) so they did both things under one GA. It's the case of which is the lesser evil, allow her to have kits that might get stuck inside her or her have her spay a little early.

Dont worry about not having its not cheap and its nearly christmas. Have you talked to your vet about it? Are you confident that they are rabbit savvy and used to doing these ops?

I think they are bun savvy, they have always been really good to me and took the time to explain things to me, and have taken Indy in twice already but weren't happy to do it both times.
How do you ask if they are savvy....

'' ermm... scuse me do you know what your doing?? ''

i'm not very good with my words... :?

I think they are bun savvy, they have always been really good to me and took the time to explain things to me, and have taken Indy in twice already but weren't happy to do it both times.

You can ask them pertinent questions so you can work out how much they know. Things like how many rabbits they treat, how many they lose under GA and then more specific questions about owning rabbits and such.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ask how many spay operations they perform on rabbits and what their success rates are. Ask if they plan to give pain relief afterwards and if they will make sure she has eaten at least something before letting her come home.

Thanks, that is what I want to say but sometimes come across as being rude as i get my words mixed up.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ask how many spay operations they perform on rabbits and what their success rates are. Ask if they plan to give pain relief afterwards and if they will make sure she has eaten at least something before letting her come home.

i make them a little packed lunch to take with them of a few pellets, a box of hay and a little box of veggies..

Good luck. Make sure to keep her warm after wards and make sure she is eating and weeing/ pooing.

Will do thanks ever so much for all your help. I was in a bit of a state earlier.. feeling much better about it now. just mean getting them back together will talk a little longer.

They are indoor buns so being warm willl be ok.

She's got fleece in her cage ... how long do I keep her confined or can see free range?

Back