PDA

View Full Version : F***! - UD Home now-Houston we have nomming!!

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Heard some noises from the bunny room and I walk in to find Indy INSIDE Luna cage,
I'm so angry at myself :censored::censored::censored::censored:
I'd just put Luna away so I could let Indy out and I forgot to close the top of her cage and Indy jumped in.
F***F***F***F***F***
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
I walked him and there sitting seperate so I quickly whipped Indy out and he felt damp underneath and Luna started cleaning herself so I have seriously :censored: up!!
I'm going to phone the vets in the morning as Indy is booked in anyway and see if I can swap it over to Luna... i'm sure that it shouldn't be a problem.
If I can savange enough money i'll see if they can do both.

ARGH I'M SO ANGRY !!!

weeble
23-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Are they boy and girl? Are they both 'done'? If not I would get the girl done asap just in case

Gem
23-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh dear, it happens though so don't beat yourself up....the important thing is, you're doing something about it :)

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:07 PM
They are boy/girl and they are not done Indy's appointment was tomorrow
i'm so upset with myself i'm having a little cry!!
I can't believe i've been so stupid

georgie_f
23-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh, don't feel upset! I'm sure that's happened to loads of people before. I'd switch the appointment and take Luna tomorrow instead and then problem solved. :):wave:

Elena
23-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh sweetheart these things happen, it wasn't intentional, it was an accident. Don't beat yourself up about it. Is she old enough to have an emergency spay?

Lops
23-11-2010, 09:10 PM

(((((hugs)))))

It was a mistake - not done on purpose xxxxx (well Indy might have done it on purpose :lol: ) xxxxxx

weeble
23-11-2010, 09:13 PM

Awwww hun it was an accident and is fixable. I would get your girl done straight away ie the next few days and your male bun as soon as you can afford to do so. Dont forget it will take a few weeks for hormones to die down if you are planning on bonding

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:14 PM
She is 22 weeks old ish so lets say between 5-6 months, as i'm not exactly sure of the date when they were born.

I'm so upset because i've been so careful and he was booked in tomorrow!!

Question though, if I get her speyed can they still go together or will Indy's humping be too excessive?

weeble
23-11-2010, 09:17 PM
She is 22 weeks old ish so lets say between 5-6 months, as i'm not exactly sure of the date when they were born.

Question though, if I get her speyed can they still go together or will Indy's humping be too excessive?

Oh most vets will spay at that age as long as she is healthy. They can but I would wait until a couple of weeks after he has been done too and things have settled

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks, yeah i'll wait untill they are both done as he's a randy little fella.
I wish I had enough money to do them both :evil::evil::evil::censored::censored::censored:

weeble
23-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks, yeah i'll wait untill they are both done as he's a randy little fella.
I wish I had enough money to do them both :evil::evil::evil::censored::censored::censored:

Dont worry about not having its not cheap and its nearly christmas. Have you talked to your vet about it? Are you confident that they are rabbit savvy and used to doing these ops?

Elena
23-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I should think they would agree to spay her at that age. Mini was done a few days before she was 6 weeks old cos they wanted to xray her to see if she'd done any damage to her hip (she had and was back in theatre two days later) so they did both things under one GA. It's the case of which is the lesser evil, allow her to have kits that might get stuck inside her or her have her spay a little early.

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Dont worry about not having its not cheap and its nearly christmas. Have you talked to your vet about it? Are you confident that they are rabbit savvy and used to doing these ops?

I think they are bun savvy, they have always been really good to me and took the time to explain things to me, and have taken Indy in twice already but weren't happy to do it both times.
How do you ask if they are savvy....

'' ermm... scuse me do you know what your doing?? ''

i'm not very good with my words... :?

Sky-O
23-11-2010, 09:42 PM
I think they are bun savvy, they have always been really good to me and took the time to explain things to me, and have taken Indy in twice already but weren't happy to do it both times.

You can ask them pertinent questions so you can work out how much they know. Things like how many rabbits they treat, how many they lose under GA and then more specific questions about owning rabbits and such.

weeble
23-11-2010, 09:43 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Ask how many spay operations they perform on rabbits and what their success rates are. Ask if they plan to give pain relief afterwards and if they will make sure she has eaten at least something before letting her come home.

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks, that is what I want to say but sometimes come across as being rude as i get my words mixed up.

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:45 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Ask how many spay operations they perform on rabbits and what their success rates are. Ask if they plan to give pain relief afterwards and if they will make sure she has eaten at least something before letting her come home.

i make them a little packed lunch to take with them of a few pellets, a box of hay and a little box of veggies..

weeble
23-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks, that is what I want to say but sometimes come across as being rude as i get my words mixed up.

Good luck. Make sure to keep her warm after wards and make sure she is eating and weeing/ pooing.

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Good luck. Make sure to keep her warm after wards and make sure she is eating and weeing/ pooing.

Will do thanks ever so much for all your help. I was in a bit of a state earlier.. feeling much better about it now. just mean getting them back together will talk a little longer.

They are indoor buns so being warm willl be ok.

She's got fleece in her cage ... how long do I keep her confined or can see free range?

smoo
23-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Will do thanks ever so much for all your help. I was in a bit of a state earlier.. feeling much better about it now. just means getting them back together will talk a little longer.

They are indoor buns so being warm willl be ok.

She's got fleece in her cage ... how long do I keep her confined or can see free range?

susie bun
23-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Sending vibes all goes well this time. :wave: Sorry about the mishap ... rabbits are so quick. :shock:

bunslave
23-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Mine took about 48 hours to get back to normal (eating n pooping properly) but it can vary from bun to bun. She's best kept quiet and confined so she does nt damage her wound so maybe not free ranging for a few days at least.

Jenova
23-11-2010, 11:55 PM
:shock: Those ball dropping vibes worked too well!

I would get her done if you can't do both or maybe your vets would do them both on credit as it's an 'emergency'. talk to them tomorrow. And it's not your fault, these things happen. After all they are rabbits. :lol:

weeble
24-11-2010, 07:19 AM
I would keep her cofined for at least 24 hours and then see how she is doing and how well the stitches are doing

smoo
24-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys... i've tried to phone the vets to say i'm not taking Indy but i'm taking Luna instead but they don't open till 8.30 and thats when i'm leaving so it looks like i'll be just turning up with her.
Can afford to get Indy done next pay day so it's only 4 weeks..

O/H then informed me that if we had the babies they would be born on on very close to christmas day.. Initially I was like awwwww... but then a firm no !! and told him off for trying to poison my mind!!

KoShiatar
24-11-2010, 09:50 AM

You will have to wait for Indy to stop, which should be in a little while after his neuter. I don't know the average time but Mango stopped after a week or so.
I don't advise to put them together if he's not done because she will NOT be happy with him humping her and could attack.
If the doe is 5-6 months old she should big enough for an emergency spay so good luck!

smoo
24-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I've just taken her in and she did not look happy !! :roll:

Indys now up at her cage looking for her..

Should have her back around 4.30

Babsie
24-11-2010, 10:00 AM
I've just taken her in and she did not look happy !! :roll:

Indys now up at her cage looking for her..

Should have her back around 4.30

All sorted - so don't beat yourself up any more!:)

Barney rubble
24-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Awww bless u, these things happen, and your putting it right now which is the main thing, sending lots of good luck vibes for her op today. Let us know how she gets on.

HELEN X

smoo
24-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Phoned the vets to see how it went, and everything went ok and I get to pick her up in a couple of hours. Now making sure that everything is spick and span for her.

Lynn's Bunny
24-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I had a similar situation. My intact male got out of his hutch in the shed. I had a girl and a neutered boy free ranging. I totally freaked out and booked her spay. They found 6 babies inside but they weren't babies yet... I guess more like ovum's? She recovered well from being spayed.

I felt really stupid because a few months or so before my 4 month old male accidentaly got to her and she had 4 babies. I found homes for 3 of them and still keep in touch with them all, thank goodness. I actually have one that came back named Jack. Anyways, I had the male neutered asap. But it was her son that got out of his hutch and got to her the second time. I felt that was unacceptable on my part for not making sure the hutch was more secure. I could not let her have babies again.

But accidents do happen, so don't beat yourself up.

Oh and both my boys are neutered now :)

Lynn's Bunny
24-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Phoned the vets to see how it went, and everything went ok and I get to pick her up in a couple of hours. Now making sure that everything is spick and span for her.

Yay! Good to hear!

susie bun
24-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Glad she is OK. :) Sending recovery vibes. :wave:

Jenova
24-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Awesome news. Hope she's okay. :)

weeble
24-11-2010, 05:41 PM

Brilliant hope she recovers well, I was thinking of her today

smoo
24-11-2010, 06:11 PM
She's home now, i've set her up in a puppy pen on the floor i've got some carpet tiles that i've put down, so far she's just sitting still, maybe still groggy??
So far not interested in food but the vets did say that she ate some of the food I packed with her. I've set her up away from Indy and just turned the lights down and keeping it quiet for her.
Theyve also given me some stuff to give her to get her guts moving... begins with an F. Now do I give her that tonight or start tomorrow?

Elena
24-11-2010, 06:55 PM
She's home now, i've set her up in a puppy pen on the floor i've got some carpet tiles that i've put down, so far she's just sitting still, maybe still groggy??
So far not interested in food but the vets did say that she ate some of the food I packed with her. I've set her up away from Indy and just turned the lights down and keeping it quiet for her.
Theyve also given me some stuff to give her to get her guts moving... begins with an F. Now do I give her that tonight or start tomorrow?

Fibreplex? Did you get any pain relief?

smoo
24-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Fibreplex? Did you get any pain relief?

yes fibreplex but no pain relief I asked 2 different people just to see what they said and they told me they had given her pain relief and wouldn't be sending me home with any. :?

susie bun
24-11-2010, 08:25 PM
No pain relief seems odd. If she's in pain it won't encourage nomming. How is she seeming now?

smoo
24-11-2010, 08:47 PM
yeah I thought it seemed off but to be honest I wouldn't know at what point to give it to her etc, she seems more with it now, poos etc but no eating yet, i've given her plenty of options. but left the room dark and quiet and will check in a little while.

susie bun
24-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Keep us posted. Come on Lady Luna, we want to see you nomming! :wave:

smoo
24-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Had a sneaking peak at Luna - poo's getting back to normal - and caught her nomming.. :D

susie bun
24-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Had a sneaking peak at Luna - poo's getting back to normal - and caught her nomming.. :D

Yay! Hope she has a comfortable night, bless her! :love:

smoo
25-11-2010, 06:59 PM
O/h got home today and found poo's on the floor in the bunny room.. turns out the little beggar jumped up on her carrier and over the pen, have checked her over and scar looks ok.
There was me thinking that she was so poorly when it was all a ruse..

eating lots of veggies... I put spring greens broccoli carrots parsley and banana in there to tempt her

Only problem i'm having is the fibreplex, I just cannot syringe feed. She's having none of it and I don't want to pull her around so I wiped some on her spring green leaf and shes eating it that way... will that be okay??

Elena
25-11-2010, 07:19 PM
On spring green will be fine, only way I can get it into Mini. :)

smoo
25-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Thank god it's not just me, i did feel pretty incompentent

Elena
25-11-2010, 07:47 PM

Aw! Mischa loves the stuff, I have to bat him away when I give it to her, he'll chew the tube to get to it. :roll: Annoyingly he never needs it!

KoShiatar
25-11-2010, 07:52 PM

If she pooed, it's not that urgent anyway. :-) She should be fine from now on, just make sure that she's not in pain.

susie bun
25-11-2010, 08:19 PM
We were hopeless at syringe feeding Spenser when he had recovery food for stasis. I held him (neither of my parents can) while my Dad did the syringe bit. It might have been OK had my Dad not confused Spenser's mouth with his nose! He licked the stuff that got spattered down my fleece and took the rest from a small bowl.

smoo
25-11-2010, 08:23 PM
poo's are looking a good size and colour. Not quite what they were but thats only because she's not nommed much hay. Doesn't seem in pain plenty of hopping about and is now interested in her pellets :D