• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two New Rabbits

Littlemeg37

Alpha Buck
Oh wow, I have another 2 rabbits.

I messaged someone on Gumtree asking a few questions about 2 rabbits the daughter had lost interest in and they were wanting rid off and an hour and a half later they were here!!! I’m such a sucker when it comes to animals, they brought them over straight away and put hutch up which is to small, not in bad condition so will have to get a run to attach to it.

They purchased the oldest rabbit which is 10 months from a farm and she had 4 babies 2 weeks later, a Jack Russell killed 3 of them and the youngest rabbit, a female also, is the one that survived. They are both beautiful and we are now arguing over what to call them as neither has a name, the little girl kept changing the names so they ended up without any.

Both very frightened and skittish but are eating which is a good sign. Pictures below what the previous owners sent me as its too dark for me to take any at the mo, the hutch was soaking inside by the time it was put up as its been raining most of the day here so I'm soaked and frozen by the time I have dried it out using old rags as it was yucky inside.

The rabbits look in quite good condition, not skinny which is good.

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

Yip seems they were, I didn't have time to catch my breath and they were here.

Anyway think we have decided on names for them, the grey one (Mum) is now called Poppy and baby girl is called Flower, I want to call little one Buttercup but son wont let me!!!

They are both eating well and not so spooked now, they didn't run off when I went out before to give them some apple sticks to chew on and cover them over for the night. Will take some photos tomorrow if it stops raining log enough.

Back