• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeep!

abi2047

Mama Doe
Looks like a lot of hay and straw will be needed this week!
These are the temperatures at night time in Ipswich:
Tonight - 2°C
Wednesday - -1°C
Thurday - -2°C
Friday - -1°C
Saturday - SNOW!!! It's too early for snow :shock:

we've been forcast snow showers for thursday:shock:

however im not bulk buying the straw........im not a meany honest, in feburary when it was really bad and steve wasnt with jas he slept outside in the run in the snow! i bought loads of straw and stuffed his hutch full so he'd be really cosy and he didnt use it.

now he's with jasmine and they are in the shed, ive bought them one extra bag of straw for them and just given them that as extra.

its 2 degrees here at the mo and theyre sat outside!

Abi, don't worry my lovely, I had outdoor buns who were outside in ALL weathers (even snow!) and lived to be over 10 years old! (they also lived alone).

Make sure Riley gets lots and lots of extra bedding to snuggle himself into. He'll be fine. Eddie used to have all of the extra bedding, but still preferred to sit out in the cold with his hay in his tray...:roll:

Buns eh!?!

;)

Abi, don't worry my lovely, I had outdoor buns who were outside in ALL weathers (even snow!) and lived to be over 10 years old! (they also lived alone).

Make sure Riley gets lots and lots of extra bedding to snuggle himself into. He'll be fine. Eddie used to have all of the extra bedding, but still preferred to sit out in the cold with his hay in his tray...:roll:

Buns eh!?!

;)

10 years old! :shock:
Just been out to give Riley his veg and realised he flattened is bedding down so I have fluffed it up and put lots more hay and straw in.
I'm just worried incase it snows like it did last year. :?
I am sure he will be fine but I worry too easily. :oops:
Bunny's are so complicated :roll: :lol:
xxx

we've been forcast snow showers for thursday:shock:

however im not bulk buying the straw........im not a meany honest, in feburary when it was really bad and steve wasnt with jas he slept outside in the run in the snow! i bought loads of straw and stuffed his hutch full so he'd be really cosy and he didnt use it.

now he's with jasmine and they are in the shed, ive bought them one extra bag of straw for them and just given them that as extra.

its 2 degrees here at the mo and theyre sat outside!

Just been out to give Riley some veg and he was sat in his run. He has a bedroom full of hay and he chooses to sit in the coldest place :roll:
His hutch is stuffed with hay and straw :)
xx

Just been out to give Riley some veg and he was sat in his run. He has a bedroom full of hay and he chooses to sit in the coldest place :roll:
xx

sounds about right! us hoooomins no nothing!

I have the opposite worry....I worry that Mooch is too hot now that he is an indoor bun, and we have started having the heating on at nights. Mooch is so hairy that I'm scared he gets too hot :(

when i had outdoor buns, many years ago, i used to buy supermarket hay, four of the smaller packs. i stood these at the sides of their bed area, and put one on the floor. it gave lots of insulation. it also gave lots of easy snacks! they lived for over ten years. i don't think you need worry too much about riley; you seem to have got it covered.

xx

Sounds like my dear old Eddie! Put extra bedding in his run and he'll sort himself out. Eddie used to burrow into his hay and eat his way out...:lol:They're quite hardy creatures really!!

:love:

Back