• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone remember the meat lorry bunny?

NLENG2000

Mama Doe
His story was originally posted by Theo (Snowy) a couple of months ago..
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=247759&highlight=meat+lorry

Well... following an amazingly successful bond with my two, he is coming home to me tonight, and I can't wait! We have had to wait quite a while because he has had to be neuteured and wait for his (mega high!:shock:) hormones to wane slightly, but my OH and I met him on Saturday for the first time when we took Twix and Star to meet him, and he is adorable. I had lots of snuggles, and he took quite a liking to my arm at one point :lol::lol: .. but we fell in love!

We didn't have high hopes for the bond as my two have a slightly dubious bond, but early signs were that it looked good. A couple of hours later Nigel (as he is known at the moment) decided he didnt like having a barrier between them and jumped over the panel that was seperarting them and went to say hello. Apparently lots of snuggling followed and a bit of humping but nothing serious, and I can't believe it! I am so happy to be able to offer him a good home at last. I will post some piccies once they have settled in later!

Any name idea's would be good too as I am not sure Nigel will stick! ;)

That's very strange, I was only thinking about 'the meat lorry bunny' the other day but I couldn't find the thread again to ask for an update! :lol:

So glad he has a lovely new home and some new friends and I can't wait for pictures! :love:

Awesome! I was thinking about him too. Is Lucky too cliched? Or if it's not in bad taste Stewart, or Stew for short... :? I see it as more of a middle finger up to the people who 'lost' him but I guess not everyone would find it funny.

Otherwise Niku is meat in Japanese. And Hermes was the ancient Greek messenger god, he was also associated with travel and luck.

Awe that's fantastic news :D seeing his pic and story was the closest Ive come to wanting to bond another bun with D&D Im so happy for him, can't wait to see piccies!!

I'd call him Wallace from William Wallace Braveheart

Last edited:
He could be Sprocket's almost-twin!! :wave::love: I would call him Grommit. :love:

4981693817_3049e7a0ce.jpg

What a lovely bun!

I was wondering about that bunny and saw the thread had been moved up in stories and photos. I was so happy that he survived and was doing great, he looks like such a gorgeous bunny :love: Its great you have him and hes bonded so well. I can imagine when you saw him it was love at first site.
:love: Its so nice to hear a beautiful story.

Ohh and names. erm, Chance. :) It reminds me of Chance from homeward bound where he always gets into trouble but comes out surviving.

Bunny is going to be spoilt rotten. I'm amazed and over joyed the bond has worked, having first hand knowledge of Twix and Star - Theo, I take my bonding hat off to you :lol::lol::lol:

Looking forward to pics.

Congratulations Alison on adopting him, I am so so so glad the bonding went well :love::love::love: I am so happy for all three of them - are there any pics??! ;);)

Really pleased its a happy ending for everyone!

As for a name, all I can think is Lucky, a) because he is very very lucky, b) because of Lucky Stars which links to confectionary ie Twix, and also links to Star .... my brain works in a weird way.

(Although I do have to say I like the name Nigel for him and it always makes me want to sing "We're Only Making Plans for Nigel" and then I think of him :oops::lol:)

Oh yay fab news, I'm so pleased. I met him the other week when I was at Jane's. He's a lovely boy congratulations :D

Back