• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Clothing for Tending and Cleaning the bunnies...?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
What does everyone wear for different tasks in the winter. I always find it a chore keeping my hands warm.

I'd love to get some clothes that are highly cozy and weather proof for the winter.

I'd love to here what everyone else does clothing wise when dealing with outdoor buns to make the whole experience more pleasant.

I had to go shopping for new bunny clothes recently. I've really quite thin and feel the cold badly so I concentrated on warm and didn't worry do much about waterproof. I only have one hutch to look after though! I bought joggers with fleecy insides, and a fleecy hoodie. Joggers took ages to find as I am such an awkward size. Everything has pockets, as otherwise I mislay the key for the hut where some of Spenser's supplies are kept. I really need to invest in a piar of wellies - I just wear a pair of shoes that are past their best. I also have fingerless gloves.

'hobo' gloves are my brother calls them (i.e. without fingers).

I have a bobble hat I can tie under my chin.

Thigh high socks under my jeads.

Welly boots.

Obviously thick coats, many layers, etc.

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

Cosy warm!!!! :D

I have some fingerless wool gloves but hay sticks to them :roll: I have some fake leather gloves but I keep them for best and for driving cos my hands get cold in the car (and when my hands get cold the joints really hurt). So at the moment when I go out it tends to be the fingerless ones, even if they do attract hay. :?

Then lots of layers, thick fleecy trousers, top, my lovely thick wide scarf which bunches up round my neck lovely and a thinnish jumper as I get warm when I get going. I actually need some sweatshirt type jumpers but I'm really fussy. I don't like them too high, I don't like them with a full length zip. I had one that had a zip halfway which I LOVED and was just right for me, not too tight in the neck area when zipped up but with the option of unzipping and stuffing my scarf into but I can't find anymore. It was a cheap Tommy Hilfinger (or however it's spelt) from the market.

I wear my old skiing gear when it gets really cold :) (I put it all on over the top of my regular clothes as well so I look like the Michellin man tottering down the garden :lol::lol::lol:)

Actually I'm probably a bit odd, I wear flip flops out to the shed (so I can slip them off at the door and step in bare foot, I have a playpen panel inside the door so they don't run out, don't like walking across the garden especially in the wet and then on the hay in the shed as they are litter trained and it's their lounging area) I just wear whatever I have on with a Trespass I think it's called - cheap as chips rain mac type thing if it's raining, if not just swap my slippers at the door and put on a cardi, tough old bird though, plenty of natural insulation :lol:

I have on whatever I put on when I get home from work + my spotty dressing gown + a big puffa jacket that the OH got from his work that's about 3 sizes too big for me + a head torch :lol:

Oh I forgot my feet! Normally I stuff my feet, slippers and all, into my imitation crocs. :oops:

Thanks everyone, you have given me some ideas to go on. I'm always freezing when i do the buns. I think i need to get some fingerless gloves. I always just use normal washing up gloves for cleaning out the buns. Tried to find some waterproof comfy gloves, but never did find any. Hats seem like a great idea. Love the pics :)

Thanks everyone, you have given me some ideas to go on. I'm always freezing when i do the buns. I think i need to get some fingerless gloves. I always just use normal washing up gloves for cleaning out the buns. Tried to find some waterproof comfy gloves, but never did find any. Hats seem like a great idea. Love the pics :)

If we get snow - I'll wear wellies - I think i tempted fate my feet are like blocks of ice tonight :lol:

I've got a pair of waterproof trousers that I bung on on top of whatever I'm wearing if I'm just popping out, or over fleecy joggers if I'm out for a while. Think they were in the golfing section of TK Maxx, so quite cheap, but they're ace.
Also I always wear wellies with big thick wooly socks in. Lots of layers on top half.

It is damn cold out there tonight - got to go out and say goodnight in a bit... but its SO warm in here...

I went out in my clothes with my dressing gown over the top to tuck my lot up tonight.....I swear my dressing gown is warmer than any coat I've ever owned...:lol:

I shoved my dad's body warmer on today over my pj's and thick cardigan. Oh my, I NEED one of those things, SOOOOOOOOO warm!

ETA. This was to wash boxes and make up new ones. The boiling water always steams up my glasses :? haven't come up with a solution for that yet. :lol:

I wear my ski jacket and my snow boots - warm but easy to slip on and off as I'm always traipsing in and out cleaning litter trays etc. Agree with VickiP's point about not wearing shoes in the shed - its a real pain when its wet, I leave my boots outside but then they get wet!:roll: I keep telling the OH he needs to build a porch onto the shed!:lol:

when i used to have outdoor buns I'd just go out in whatever i was wearing with maybe a jacket on and end up freezing :roll: I sure don't miss that part of having outdoor buns.

Just been out to give the bunnies their snugglesafes.. I wore my wellies and big padded hooded fleece plus an outdoor jacket over the top. My hands are the worst affected... I usually wear my posh leather gloves when I am out sorting out the bunnies (dont use leather gloves for cleaning out tho :lol: ).

Am I the only one that is still popping out in a t shirt?

If I am stopping with the buns for a bit linger than their evening feed ( not much point fussing them much at evening feed time as they don't even notice I am there they are so busy scoffing!) I will wear a fleece hoody. Oh and my red crocs :)

Back