• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do they do poos outside the litter tray!! - UPDATE - caught in the act!!!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Just came in to this......my Herbie is the Culprit, wee rascal!
P1000767.jpg

P1000768.jpg

Last edited:
That's interesting, as it is a pile rather than a sprinkling of poos. Spenser does all his wee and most of his poos in his bowl, but there is usually a sprinkling of offerings around the hutch. Even before I got him his bowl he did most of his business in one place, but if it's just a poo I think he sometimes can't be bothered to move. :roll::lol:

It seems like he has been leaning in the litter tray eating the hay and cant be bothered jumping into it to poo!

im not sure if ge3tting into the litter tray if they dont need a wee offends them in some way.... holly and alvin sit outside to eat the good bits of hay and lea6ve little piles lolol

ignore the numbers in my post Ste is being a shithead

Mine leave me little piles just outside the litter tray too, they sit there and lean in to nibble the cheap toilet hay but they don't think about the consequences :roll:

:lol: What happened to the swear filter in donna's post? :shock:

He's gorgeous, let 'im do poops outside, bless 'im. :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, mine does this too. Sometimes a pile (right next to the tray) in the cage, usually most are in the tray and then I find loads round the cage, luckily only the odd stray gets into the run.

He's good really, bless :D

Just caught the wee blighter in the act - get your freaking bum in there boy!!
P1000769.jpg

:lol: naughty bunny! Mine use their litter tray for the main wee and poops but there is always the odd scattering but I've not had a concentrated little pile like that before.

I wish there was a way to have them do all of their poops in their litter tray! Maia and Mango were very clean separately but now that they live together they've turned into little piglets.

I'd get a higher sided tray so he HAS to get in to eat the hay... or put some nice treats in the far corner of the tray so the only way to eat them is to get in properly! He just 'thought' he was in the tray whilst munching from it... honest mistake ;)

I'd get a higher sided tray so he HAS to get in to eat the hay... or put some nice treats in the far corner of the tray so the only way to eat them is to get in properly! He just 'thought' he was in the tray whilst munching from it... honest mistake ;)

I can't get a higher sided tray as wee Inca would have trouble getting in with her back end being deformed. I will just have to pick up the wee pile of poo's :)

Is it just boys that do this??? My wee man carlo does poops exactly like this, and Now Bobby copies him :roll:

Maybe, cos my Inca is not one for a neat wee pile of poo!

I can't get a higher sided tray as wee Inca would have trouble getting in with her back end being deformed. I will just have to pick up the wee pile of poo's :)

Maybe, cos my Inca is not one for a neat wee pile of poo!

I have tried high sided litter and they get in eat the hay, then get out and poop :evil:

Atleast they're in a pile! :D Mr Nino has never used his tray for poops and very often the sitting room looks like a poo bomb has gone off! :roll: We pick up around 100 scattered poops daily! :lol:

Back