• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Dandelion and Carnation-Lily-Lily-Rose

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Went to get a bun (long story - free unloved on preloved - long drive as well - 8hr bunnyrun!!!) and ended up with two :roll::roll::oops::oops::oops:

So here are the newcomers . . . . . (drum roll) . . .

Dandelion and 'Carnation-Lily-Lily-Rose' (no, not the result of being indecisive about names:lol::lol: - its a famous painting by John Singer Sargeant which was apparently named after a popular song!)

Anyway - Dandelion is the one that looks like a squishy pyjama case

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

Carnation-Lily-Lily-Rose is all head at the moment and needs building up as is very very skinny - but from the look of that swelling tum has started to tuck in to her food already:lol:.

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

they both need vaccinations and possibly neutering (Dandelion is def male; C-L-L-R is female - hence seperate cages - she is NOt pregnant).

They are both biggies - heading for 4k I would say once they are fed and have some muscles. C-L-L-R was in a hutch 3ft long so its probably the first time she has ever stretched her legs out. It had 3 levels but the floor space was all taken up by the ramps:roll::roll:

Only trouble is Dandelion was to be a husbun to the lonely widowed Robinia - now what do we do:roll::roll::roll: 'Binia has started wandering the house looking for other husbuns to steal from other female buns . . . Thistle was not amused!!!

Last edited:
:love::love::love:

Oooh, beautiful bunnies! Can you bond them into a trio?

good idea - but we have never had any luck with trios - actually thinking of it we did once have a trio with two sisters that worked ok - but Robinia is a very jealous bun who wants her men all to herself!!!

georgie beat me to it ;)

p.s how did you end up with 2? Did you go just for Dandelion and they had 2 bunnies?

georgie beat me to it ;)

p.s how did you end up with 2? Did you go just for Dandelion and they had 2 bunnies?

went for dandelion and they had about 7:(:( - took the one that seemed to need us most and they would give up for free (they are giving most up I think but most come with hutch and hutch is for money) . . . they were not breeders, had just ended up with several and now did not have the time - she was nice really and pleased the buns would go to someone who would love them. They were not in a pair - all were kept singly although strangely she said she often put Dandelion in with Carnation Lily:shock:- Carnation-Lily's hutch was 3 ft wide.

We may rehome C-L-L-R if it seems Robinia would get on with Dandelion - we just wanted to get her out and get her vaccinated and neutered if needs (woman said she was neutered but seems odd) and get some food inside her.

Last edited:
went for dandelion and they had about 7:(:( - took the one that seemed to need us most and they would give up for free (they are giving most up I think but most come with hutch and hutch is for money) . . . they were not breeders, had just ended up with several and now did not have the time - she was nice really and pleased the buns would go to someone who would love them. They were not in a pair - all were kept singly- Carnation-Lily's hutch was 3 ft wide.

We may rehome C-L-L-R if it seems Robinia would get on with Dandelion - we just wanted to get her out and get her vaccinated and neutered and get some food inside her.

Awww im glad you got her out - sounds like shes had a second chance of life :D :love:

Back