• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did your rabbit get it's name???

Aurie

Young Bun
How did all your rabbits get their names?

Sooty - Named after Sooty the bear (I was only small :D)
Roly - Already named at the rescue centre and didn't want to change it.
Pebbles - Already named at the rescue centre and didn't want to change it.
Rocky - Thought it went well with Pebbles
Lola - Just went through names and thought she looked like a Lola
Benji - Discovered the name from one of the band members of Good Charlotte and though he looked like a Benji ;) (Used to be called Fudge)
Ella - Already named.
Lucky - Already named, used to belong to a friend so didn't feel right changing the name.
Thumper - Already named and despite a very long list of names, we couldn't find a good one, so just left it as it is :)

Last edited:
Alvin - i couldn't think of a good booze name to go with bud and stella so instead he became Alvin and the chipmunks :D

Holly - came with her name from Hopper Haven and so did Pearl before her.

Grace because she is very girly and when we were watching her discussing names she rubbed her face like she was praying and then started nomming some food - like she was saying grace before a meal :lol:

Sebastian was picked for me by a lovely person from AYME (association of young people with ME)
Mae, I got her in May :lol:

Lucky - he's our 3rd rabbit (1st eaten by a fox, 2nd time round we fox proofed and that one was also eaten - Lucky is now inside the house and therefore 3rd time Lucky). He was called ollie before he came to us but was 4 months old and had as many names in that time too. It felt ok to name him.

Daisy - already named and it suits her so much.

tiny - because she was a nethie
tilly - no idea! (was only 3!)
Sandy - sandy coloured
Dandilion - No idea!
Stanley - Like the name
Daisy May - so pretty!

my next rabbit will be called pheobe if she's a girl regardless of colour etc...!

Toby and Benjamin because I just liked the names
Kira- the russian meaning is 'mistress or ruler' which definately suits her :lol:
Lilou- from the 5th element film she was my missing link

Mischa - ok I admit it, he's named after Michael Schumacher :oops: Mischa is a German nickname for Michael only I pronounce the 'ch' sound as a 'k'.

Mini - runt of the litter, named before I got her but I kept the name - kinda goes with Mischa ;)

Nutmeg - originally named 'Arwen' and there was no way I was gonna call out that! Her colouring makes me think of Nutmeg and she has a spicy personality. :lol:

Smudge - cos he has a black smudge marking down his back. Almost called him Harlequin as it kinda looks like black and white diamonds but didn't cos friend has a cat called Harley and I would almost certainly end up shortening his name.

Barley, Thistle, Daphne and Jess - just because I liked those names!

Cloud - she came with that name when I rescued her.

Pharrell - Very unpolitically correct... he's called Pharrell because he's black and that was the first name that popped into my head :)oops::lol:). My sister then called her black rabbit Denzil!

Brian - I couldn't think of a good name for him so I wrote on my Facebook status 'Someone think of a good name for my rabbit or he's getting called Brian' and it stuck! :lol:

lola just looks and acts like a lola
Rambo isn't actually rambos name, it's something that could be quite offensive so Rambo is her name for vets, forums, public, etc. :oops:
Eli - I had a short list of names, not including Eli. Then when I booked his appointment at the vet and the receptionist asked me the rabbits name "Eli" just popped out, and it stuck.

Mischa - ok I admit it, he's named after Michael Schumacher :oops: Mischa is a German nickname for Michael only I pronounce the 'ch' sound as a 'k'.

I'm gunna get a rabbit and name it after Damon Hill now!!! :D And then we can put them in cars and race them 0_O

some of the reaons are very cute & made me laugh!:lol::lol::lol:

Snuggles - huge new zealand white and was ummm....snuggly....:lol:

Thumper.....was a BIG thumer & dug her own warren too! Bless!:lol:

Current buns:
Indiana - she was the mischieveous adventurous little skinny bunny....so afer Indiana Jones....at 10 weeks she had already got stuck upstairs!:roll::love: under supervision obvioulsy!

Arrabella - she was shy, bigger of the 2 sisters & Beatrice Potter beautiful....hence the bella....I like the Arra....:D

Pharrell - Very unpolitically correct... he's called Pharrell because he's black and that was the first name that popped into my head :)oops::lol:). My sister then called her black rabbit Denzil!
if it makes you feel any better, Eli (my black frenchie) was nearly called "Mr Woggles" :oops:

I named my gerbils whitey and cracker because they were the only racial slurs for white people I could think of too.

Nessie was already named Nessie
Jingle was called Jungle which is actually a racist term - a bit embarassing at the vets
Gizmo because he was like the little gremlin
Pixie because she is a little pixie in disguise

Maud - she looked like a Maud ..to me?
Malc - He looked like a Malcolm and I liked it with Maud (as in M&M)
Colin - Comical colin - he's just sooo funny
Cilla - Well it needed to begin with a 'C' (as in C&C) and as we'd taken Colin to the rescue for a 'blind date' and because she is a black bunny .....it just HAD to be Cilla Black :D

:lol:

casper: because everyone thought he was scarey when i got him because he had red eyes, but he is the friendliest rabbit and always wants cuddles, so he reminded me of casper "the friendly gost" plus he is white :D his previous owners called him snuffles but i liked my name better :lol:

Poppy: because i got her on poppy day :)

if it makes you feel any better, Eli (my black frenchie) was nearly called "Mr Woggles" :oops:

I named my gerbils whitey and cracker because they were the only racial slurs for white people I could think of too.

I'm glad it's not just me that's a bit un-PC! :oops::lol:

lola just looks and acts like a lola
Rambo isn't actually rambos name, it's something that could be quite offensive so Rambo is her name for vets, forums, public, etc. :oops:
Eli - I had a short list of names, not including Eli. Then when I booked his appointment at the vet and the receptionist asked me the rabbits name "Eli" just popped out, and it stuck.

Come on don't leave us wondering??! :lol:

Back