• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nuts?!?!

I give mine the odd peanut. Nuts are high in fat though.

Dont know about pisatchios, doubt they would be poisonous though. But most of the ones readily available are roasted and salted and you shouldnt feed these.

Personally, can't see the point in risking as I don't see that they would have any 'rabbit goodness' in them. But I'm mean - don't feed mine any so-called treats: plenty of fresh greens/herbs, very good hay and a few good pellets are all mine get.:)

Are rabbits allowed rabbits eat Pistachio nuts??

Nuts are high in protein and fats - protein ends up in the caecum and really is of no benefit to bunny, so although nuts are relatively safe, they are not a healthy food for bunnies. Bunnies need large amounts of indigestible fibrous plant matter. Buns need a low protein and low fat diet. :wave:

Nuts are high in protein and fats - protein ends up in the caecum and really is of no benefit to bunny, so although nuts are relatively safe, they are not a healthy food for bunnies. Bunnies need large amounts of indigestible fibrous plant matter. Buns need a low protein and low fat diet. :wave:

Ahhh cool thank you for the answer! Its just as i fed my bunny 2 nuts then thought oh no what if its poisenous to him so that why i thought id ask the RU Guru's ha ha!!

So maybe best just not to give them to bun then! Thanks for the replies! x

Back