• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can i just ask question about bonding

amyandmillie

Young Bun
I have now bonded 3 pairs of rabbits and read everywhere about neutral ground and doing it slowly etc etc

I have just put my 3 pairs in the garden together, they then have space to get away from each other and they can chhose when to be together etc, my first 2 bonded outside in the garden in a relaxed way within hours, my second pair took a day and then my new pair ellie and mitzey have taken 3 days now but thats because ellie has only just started coming out her cage properly yesterday and she has just been running away from mitzey and mitzey can't keep up:lol: thats because he is a chubby cheeky rabbit who needs a rest from running every 2 mins :lol:

so what i wanted to ask you was is there just too many rules about bonding? its not just luck that my rabbits have bonded so fast and I think it would be muc harder for them to bond with so much pressure on them. I saw somwhere that a bath tub is a good place, how can they act natural and comfortable in a bath tub?

Obviosly i know that many of you would have bonded and followed the rules and i am not saying your wrong or anythiung like that, just interesting to get everyones points xx

Sorry I am probably the worst person to give advise on this as I have never bonded buns and it will be my first time in a couple of weeks when my new bun comes home, but from what you have said it sounds like you are doing a really great job of bonding them.

i think all the 'rules' are there as guidelines rather than something you have to follow step by step.

All rabbits are different and it may take longer for some than it would for others so it would be silly to do a step by step if your buns bond straight away.

The bath tub thing is a way of stopping the buns from being territorial and is a neutral ground for them to bond, however if the buns are happy in the garden together then I don't think you need to use this method.

hopefully someone who has a bit more knowledge can advise you a bit better than I probably can, but I hope this helps in some way :wave:

Back