• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This isn't good :(

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Sandy has been known to have dental problems for a while.

She had a dental in May 2009, then her next a year later in May 2010.

She had her next one in September 2010 (so instead of a year, it was three months).

Then she needed a dental 12 days ago, so that was a gap of 2 months.

Now today, 12 days after her last dental, she is drooling again.

This is not good.

:( So sorry Sky, wasn't going to post, as we only just spoke on msn about her, but i hope there is something, anything the vets can do.

Did the vet burr the teeth right back last time? Looking on the positive side, it could just be that they only took the spurs off, and a more thorough dental might sort the problem for a while longer.

Hope she's okay xx

Did the vet burr the teeth right back last time? Looking on the positive side, it could just be that they only took the spurs off, and a more thorough dental might sort the problem for a while longer.

Hope she's okay xx

No, they were burred to 'tooth shape' would burring them right back help?

She's still stuffing her face and not losing weight, just drooling loads.

No, they were burred to 'tooth shape' would burring them right back help?

She's still stuffing her face and not losing weight, just drooling loads.

Sounds like they might have just taken the actual spurs off...Burring right back might help if there aren't too many teeth affected.

I've found this method to be especially useful if the corresponding molar on the upper/lower jaw is missing...if there's no tooth to rub against, molars can grow at an alarming rate.

Alternatively, she might have a bit of an infection going on in her mouth

Sounds like they might have just taken the actual spurs off...Burring right back might help if there aren't too many teeth affected.

I've found this method to be especially useful if the corresponding molar on the upper/lower jaw is missing...if there's no tooth to rub against, molars can grow at an alarming rate.

Alternatively, she might have a bit of an infection going on in her mouth

Thank you!

Now I have something to arm myself with when we go to the vets (tomorrow morning).

She's so bright and happy that I will fight with her, but dentals every two weeks is just not fair on her.

You've made my day thanks :D

Awwww bless Sandy - hope that everything goes well at the vets tomorrow, sounds like you may have just found an answer to her having less dentals! Keep us posted. x

Good luck with her at the vets. My vet normally burrs the teeth down to gum level and it has reduced the amount of time between dentals

:( I hope it goes well tomorow.

My Bailey's teef issues really stressed me out, he had two dentals with a month inbetween them. :(

Hope your ok too xxx

Sandy has been known to have dental problems for a while.

She had a dental in May 2009, then her next a year later in May 2010.

She had her next one in September 2010 (so instead of a year, it was three months).

Then she needed a dental 12 days ago, so that was a gap of 2 months.

Now today, 12 days after her last dental, she is drooling again.

This is not good.

dental :( i know what your going through, i really hope they find something at the vets tomo, vibes for sandy from casper and poppy xx

Thank you so much guys. Especially you, PL, for the link, and AMS for the initial suggestion :)

This gives me hope.

I'll let you know what my vet says tomorrow. He was the one who did the recent dental so we should be able to have a good conversation based on what he saw.

I hope she is feeling better soon, its so stressful and frustrating having a dental bunny. Please keep us all updated

This article explains the procedure for removing the crown to gum/gingival line to lengthen the time between burrs.
http://www.vetdent.eu/downloads/dent-rab-tooth-elong.pdf page 6 I think! :wave:

Thanks for this link, I had a bit of a debate with my vet last time because she has only been removing the spurs :? With blackberry I can understand because it is only ever the right side teeth which form spurs but I would like Pipkin to be burred right down....I am off to have a read

Back