• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a rabbit rescue in/near Bristol

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Someone who my OH knows bought a baby rabbit a couple of weeks ago, and has decided she doesn't want it any more :(

Does anyone know any rescues in or near Bristol where she could take the rabbit?

OH is going to tell her to speak to the pet shop where she bought it in the first anstance, but we need a back up plan if they won't take it back

these may help

Avon Small Animal Rescue
14 Avalon Road, St George, Bristol
Tel: 0117 9490091

Noah’s ARC
34 Westbourne Road, Downend, Bristol, BS16 6RX
Tel: 0117 9493346

these may help

Avon Small Animal Rescue
14 Avalon Road, St George, Bristol
Tel: 0117 9490091

Noah’s ARC
34 Westbourne Road, Downend, Bristol, BS16 6RX
Tel: 0117 9493346

I believe this one may have possibly closed as a rescue

Noahs ark is closed and Avon Small Animal Rescue I believe is also a breeder.

There is:

http://www.winterbournerabbits.co.uk/rescue.htm

But I've no idea how good they are as not used them.

Also Cottontails in Westbury but there was a lot of controversy over the dental aspect by some members so that may be something you want to consider.

Luckily the owner has decided to give her bunny another chance. Hopefully she will learn to love him over Xmas and decide not to get rid of him after all. We've given her advice about neutering, etc...so fingers crossed this bunny won't need to go into rescue after all

That's good. If they need any local advice re vets etc please let me know as I'm in Bristol also and would be happy to recomend my vets.

Back