• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Banana Skin

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
Are buns allowed Banana skins?

I only ask because I have just had a banana, and Bernard jumped up, grabbed he skin and ran off :shock:

argh!! my oh just told me it's poisoness!!

I have taken it off him.. is it poissoness? he didn't have chance to actually eat any of it he just ran off with it...

Sorry I don't know about the skin - but I would take it off him just to be safe and monitor him. I think its the actual banana that is safe for them to eat. Although none of my lot like it. Hope someone more knowledgeable comes soon to help x

i feed my two banana with the skin on! its fine (i assume) they both love it and have a some once a week, they've never been sick because of it

Sorry I don't know about the skin - but I would take it off him just to be safe and monitor him. I think its the actual banana that is safe for them to eat. Although none of my lot like it. Hope someone more knowledgeable comes soon to help x

I know Bernard hate banana so it came as a shock when he stole the skin! it's ok he's running around being his usual silly self so i think he is fine. thanks for your advise xx

I hope it's not poisonous!

BarleyBananacopy.jpg

I did take it off her after I took the photo. I was worried it might cause a blockage. It was so cute though!

new idea

It never occured to me to feed the skin - ours do love a bit of banana, but I guess it should be a small treat only because of the sugar levels. The skin probably needs chopping very small, like celery, to avoid the stringiness causing digestive problems?

Maia and Mango had banana skin sometimes - of course, because they pinched it and ran off... and it never made them sick. They only had tiny bites of it though.

Biscuit gets upset if he sees me peel the banana and not give him the skin :lol:

But then they only get tiny bits of banana anyway, so i now leave the skin on. Its hilarious to watch them try and eat the soft squidgy banana and then the skin after :)

I'm so glad they are allowed skin! I have tried him with the inside of a banana and he turns his nose up so I try to buy things that I can share with him so that we can both have a treat like apples etc. so now I can share bananas with him too! :D

that picture of the little bun and banana skin is sooo cute!

I'm not sure although I don't let mine have the skin, maybe it's because I have read it's not good for them. I'm only mentioning it because my Guineas have the banana and skin so it's significant that I don't let the buns have the skin.:?

I'm not sure although I don't let mine have the skin, maybe it's because I have read it's not good for them. I'm only mentioning it because my Guineas have the banana and skin so it's significant that I don't let the buns have the skin.:?

I think it would be worth doing some reading up on it then before I start feeding the buns banana skin, as none of us can be sure xx

Back