• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit proofing

Somebun has decided that jumping onto the spare matress under my bed and crawling to the otherside, where i cant reach her, to shred the edge of the matress is GREAT fun! Even more fun than an abundance of cardboard boxes, cardboard tubes, wicker baskets and various other bunny toys :roll:

Any idea how i can bunny proof this part of my room? Apart from the fact that Dolly's shredding the matress to bits, this is the only part of my room where i have electric cables and although they're turned off, i dont want her chewing through them.

I have boarded the edges of my bed off by celotaping cardboard to my bed, but she pushes them and they swing like a giant catflap! Ive tried putting things behind them so they dont swing, but shes learned how to pull them enough so theres a bunny sized gap for her to get through. Marley gets in but he just likes to hide under there, its Dolly whos turned into a destructobun! I cant afford to buy anything else and i need something i can easily put up and remove again on a night.

Help? :( If my parents find out they'll have to go back outside.

Please reply ASAP

Shes now rattling the bars of their pen because shes usually free ranging now, but i cant let her because i have my laptop plugged in and no way to stop her getting to the wires. :(

Can't think of anything for tonight. However, I have these under my bed as Mini LOVES it under there but my bed isn't very strong and I worry it will collapse with them underneath.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1290373467068&isSearch=true

They block it quite effectively although since having lino down the floor level has gone down slightly and she can jump in them so Dad cut me a piece of board to go over the top.

And which way do you stand them? These wont be big enough for under my bed, i dont think :? I had thought about storage cubes, but thats more money that i wont have for a while now :(

And which way do you stand them? These wont be big enough for under my bed, i dont think :? I had thought about storage cubes, but thats more money that i wont have for a while now :(

How tall is the gap between your bed and the floor?

I'm not sure how to explain this. :oops:

OK so looking at my bed from the long side. I have three along the length and then the bottom one turned 90 degrees so that the short sides meet. Then the other side is the same in reverse.

Lemme see if I have a photo.

Back