• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just a public thank you...

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
...to everyone who helped out at the Rabbit Residence today, I think we achieved a lot in 5 hours, should make life a bit easier for the regular volunteers :thumb:

Volunteers today were:

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
Janey (+Ant!)
bunnylover177
catxx
Bink
chelle

Thank you guys :) :wave:

great day! really nice to meet fellow bunny geeks! here's to December! (what day is that again?)

bark chip laying begins:
5195429093_26f31af22d.jpg

forgot to take an after shot!

what are you doooooing?? Lara and Puskin thoroughly bemused:
5196031764_cf78e01417.jpg

Just some new shiny (and slightly muddy) slabs for you!
5196033784_02d34f2900.jpg

completely oblivious buns:
5196036078_3ced369736.jpg

didn't manage to take any more photos, am rubbish!

You guys are great for giving up a Sunday. You all deserve a bunny snog (if you didn't already get some at RR).

Well done all.

Was great to meet you all - you all so nice!:D
Bring on Dec day! Hope Caroline is pleased & it helped abit....

What an amazing place.....bunnies galore & I didnt get to meet them all but have my eye on some husbuns....ooooooh noooooooooooooooo I hear my OH say!:lol::lol::lol:
OMG Hoppy is to die for! I will have to take pics of the buns next time...no time this time!:D

I have some pics - will put them up for you once I download them!:wave:

Was great to meet you all - you all so nice!:D
Bring on Dec day! Hope Caroline is pleased & it helped abit....

What an amazing place.....bunnies galore & I didnt get to meet them all but have my eye on some husbuns....ooooooh noooooooooooooooo I hear my OH say!:lol::lol::lol:
OMG Hoppy is to die for! I will have to take pics of the buns next time...no time this time!:D

I have some pics - will put them up for you once I download them!:wave:

Both him and Purdy are sooo sweet :love::love: Still trying to convince my dad to let me adopt them...its nots going well :roll:

awwww! I wanted to bring them all home. Don't think my OH would have appreciated it haha!

I hope Caroline likes all the new slabs haha! I wanna see the other piccies the others took! C'mon! hehe!

Both him and Purdy are sooo sweet :love::love: Still trying to convince my dad to let me adopt them...its nots going well :roll:

Yeah I had a cuddle with Purdy, they are my favourites :oops: I know you shouldn't have favourite but :love::love::love::love::love: they are so happy to be stroked and picked up, it's lovely. And Hoppy is such a happy bunny, despite his gammy leg, could teach all of us a thing or two about appreciating what we've got, special man :love:

And here we have the pics from the day! wahooooooo! Please do label/correct if Ive got names wrong or mis-spelt....my memory!:oops:

P1090163JillElena.jpg

Jill (Bunnylover177) & Elena (Bart & Heather) who spend most of the day cleaning out cages & feeding bunnies! Now I think they had the best jobs of meeting most of the residences!

P1090164TheRabbitResidence-Royston.jpg

View of The Rabbit Residence

P1090169.jpg

Cat & Steph (Bink)

P1090167.jpg

Cat laying the bark path

P1090172.jpg

Bark path laid - wahooooooooooo!

P1090168.jpg

Janey & Ant in Action! Digging to lay paving slabs outside all the hutches!

P1090170.jpg

Me (chelle) digging! wahoooooo!

P1090166LibRussell.jpg

Lib & OH Russell laying the paving slabs!

P1090165.jpg

Much discussion regarding the laying of builders sand! hee hee hee!

P1090173.jpg

Run repairs, hole filling, laying paving slabs & laying new bark....doesnt it look great!

P1090174.jpg

Fuschia & Trifle SO happy with their new paving slabs & bark chippings!

P1090171.jpg

Cat collecting leaves - we all filled bags & bags of fallen leaves that was covering runs...all to be carted off for composting.

P1090175.jpg

Great group pic of us all at the end of a muddy day!

Last edited:

Can I just say it took 3 OF US to do the slabs for this shed!! :shock::shock::shock: the shed isn't level, so the door jams into the mud when you open it, so obviously, putting slabs in front of the door just made it worse. It took Chelle, then Russ, then me to dig a hole 1ftx1ftx2ft just in order to loosen the mud, redistribute it, and then refill ( :evil: ) it just to get it flat! But the door now opens without catching :D

It was a lovely day, lovely to meet everyone and of course all the bunnys.

And I completely agree with the shed doors jamming on the slabs, I thought it would be an easy 'carry the slabs down and wack them on the soil', but oh no, a lot of digging and soil re-distribution was needed (luckily lots of holes to put said soil due to lots of cheeks bunny burrowing). I am definately feeling it today-the muscles in my back ache.

All in aid of a good cause though :D

Can I just say it took 3 OF US to do the slabs for this shed!! :shock::shock::shock: the shed isn't level, so the door jams into the mud when you open it, so obviously, putting slabs in front of the door just made it worse. It took Chelle, then Russ, then me to dig a hole 1ftx1ftx2ft just in order to loosen the mud, redistribute it, and then refill ( :evil: ) it just to get it flat! But the door now opens without catching :D

well said!:lol::lol: and the funniest thing about this shed & run was there were no bunnies in it! Vicky - the lady who volenteers & was boss for the day said they had gone somewhere for some reason or other!:roll::lol:

Thank goodness for Russ...my digging was slacking after a while!:lol:

It was a lovely day, lovely to meet everyone and of course all the bunnys.

And I completely agree with the shed doors jamming on the slabs, I thought it would be an easy 'carry the slabs down and wack them on the soil', but oh no, a lot of digging and soil re-distribution was needed (luckily lots of holes to put said soil due to lots of cheeks bunny burrowing). I am definately feeling it today-the muscles in my back ache.

All in aid of a good cause though :D

yeah- well now we know - next time bring extra men & spades!:lol::lol::lol:

oooorrrr a small digger....mind you - I did have a word with the giant bunnies but they said it was sunday & their day of rest!:roll::lol::lol

Back