• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Country Store...

abi2047

Mama Doe
A local country store sells bales of timothy hay in the horse section. Is it still suitable for rabbits? You get 23.5kg for £7.43, is it worth the price? :wave:

is that scats? , i used to get my hay from scats when i had Daisy May. It used to be about £6 for a whole massive bale

I always buy square bales of timothy hay for horses for £5. Its good quality hay far better than pet shop stuff :wave:

is that scats? , i used to get my hay from scats when i had Daisy May. It used to be about £6 for a whole massive bale

No, it's Copdock Mill. Is it suitable for rabbits then? Or does it have stuff added to it because it's in the horse section? :?

You would have to collect it, whereas the Barnard Brothers will deliver and its a bit cheaper from them. Sounds about the same size though.

You would have to collect it, whereas the Barnard Brothers will deliver and its a bit cheaper from them. Sounds about the same size though.

Will have to get mum to borrow my Auntie's car to pick it up then. Will give Barnard Brothers a ring tomorrow. :wave:

If they are worried about the mess in the boot of the car, try using an old single duvet cover to put the bale in before putting it in car, it will also keep it contained once you cut the twine :wave:

ask around

Sounds good.

You could also ask any horsey friends you know if there's a farmer near you selling bales singly. We pay £3.50 for a proper bale, and it lasts us ages. If you buy hay in polythene bags, make sure the air can circulate ok, or it might start getting fusty - we keep our bale in a giant cardboard box. Good luck

If they are worried about the mess in the boot of the car, try using an old single duvet cover to put the bale in before putting it in car, it will also keep it contained once you cut the twine :wave:

We have loads of spare single duvet covers. Thanks for the tip :thumb:

Back