• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunny

Lillian

Warren Veteran
This is the bunny my parents bought at P@h :evil: She (I think) was on special offer as she was the last in the shop :roll: Apparently she's around 8 weeks but they weren't too sure.

Bunns.jpg

Bunns3.jpg

What's the youngest a bun can be vaccinated? As I really don't want an unvaccinated in the house :?

She is sweet but I would ask your vet about panacuring her straight away. She can be vaccinated for myxi at 6 weeks and I normally wait until 10 weeks for VHD but it can be done earlier

She is sweet but I would ask your vet about panacuring her straight away. She can be vaccinated for myxi at 6 weeks and I normally wait until 10 weeks for VHD but it can be done earlier

I'm taking her first thing on monday to see about myxi vacc and panacuring. I need to buy a large bottle to re-worm all the others just in case.

she is lovely

When we rashly adopted a kitten while our son was small, against our better judgment, we called her Little Misstake (Missy for short). She was lovely and we never regretted having her (once she got past the curtain-climbing stage).

You are welcome to the name if you fancy it (it'll remind your parents of their rashness!). I do hope your unexpected addition turns into a happy healthy and lovable bun.

What's the youngest a bun can be vaccinated? As I really don't want an unvaccinated in the house :?

My vet does a "Basic immunization" at 6 weeks old and a proper vaccination one month after this. Others prefer to wait. I did the basic stuff with both Maia (who was so tiny she was probably no more than 7 weeks old at the time) and Mango and they had no problem at all.

BTW she is lovely, I have a soft spot for orange bunnies. I think your parents wanted to bring her home to you as an offer of peace. "Irene" (meaning peace) could be a nice name for her.

oh she is gorgeous! She must feel confused & a little scared bless her.....oh I want to cuddle her!:love: Sorry its a difficult situation...I hope it works out ok & Im sure your parents must have felt they were doing a nice thing for you....perhaps she is just meant to be for you & not be an extra worry...but more like a gift of calmness & hope. Hugs and hope you feeling ok! She is very lucky to have you as her new mum! Bless her little thing.....she must feel so lonely being the last bunny! Noserubs!:love:

Back