• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

storage boxes question

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I gave Spenser a new cardboard box yesterday, and this morning I really cannot kid myself that he hasn't eaten a fair few inches. :shock: Previously I was sure he just trashed it for fun, but his lower hutch was completely refurbished yestedray, and I could only find a few bits of cardboard.. A storage box is the obvious alternative, but I fear he may not like it as it will surely not be as cosy as a cardboard one. I would really like one that doesn't have a lip, so that it sits up even, but I suppose I could use something to prop it up a bit. I would hate to totally deprive him of his boxes though - perhaps last night's munching was a once-off!

Hmmm - not good to be eating cardboard. I bought a wooden box for the bunnies and got my dad to cut a hole in both ends (they like two entrances/exits) They still prefer the cardboard one. See if he does it again - I know lola chews it up but I do find most of the cardboard mixed in with their hay and straw. Bunnies eh?? You get one thing sorted out (potty in your case) and they think of something else to make you stew!! :roll:

Hmmm - not good to be eating cardboard. I bought a wooden box for the bunnies and got my dad to cut a hole in both ends (they like two entrances/exits) They still prefer the cardboard one. See if he does it again - I know lola chews it up but I do find most of the cardboard mixed in with their hay and straw. Bunnies eh?? You get one thing sorted out (potty in your case) and they think of something else to make you stew!! :roll:

Precisely - and you should have seen my mother's face when I spoke about taking the cardboard box off him. :roll: Still, there are also a very great joy! :love:

A cat carrier with the door taken off and stuffed with soft hay or straw is a favourite with ours for hiding and sleeping in. Also makes life easier when they need to go to the vets as they are not frightened of getting into one ;)

A cat carrier with the door taken off and stuffed with soft hay or straw is a favourite with ours for hiding and sleeping in. Also makes life easier when they need to go to the vets as they are not frightened of getting into one ;)

Spenser likes his carrier! :) He has it in the run if the ground is wet and he can't have his wine box. He got very used to being in it when I had a broken arm in the summer. Neither of my parents can pick him up, so it was the only way he could get from hutch to run for 8 weeks. Not sure it would work with his current set up in the lowr hutch, but all ideas gratefully received. :wave:

Back