• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furious with 'Friend'

rachylou

Warren Veteran
My 'Friend' has not even bothered to ask how Jimby is since Friday. She is ment to be his 'God Mother' for crying out load, the one person I am supposed to be able to rely on to look after him if God forbid anything were to happen to both my Husband and I, How can I trust her when clearly does not give a s**t!? :censored: I mean how hard is it to send a text?!

I agree with AMS. I often feel like this but remember that everyone has their own lives and **** to deal with and there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation why she hasn't asked. It may just be her personality. It doesn't mean she doesn't care, it just means that maybe you want something from her that she can't give right now.

Could you ask her if she wants to know how he is?

I know she has her own life and stuff but she always claims to really love him but she is not showing that is she?!
To be honest I dont even realy want to talk to her I am really angry at her.
Recently she has been letting me down non stop whenever we have arranged to see each other and I am starting to feel like she is using me.
When ever she is over I cook us lunch and she never offers to help me with it or clear it away, then she gets really grumpy if I ask her to help. I mean she ate too didnt she?!
The other day when Cookie was not well, I was tending to her, then I made our lunch and then cleared it all away, went back to see Cookie and she perked up (baring in mind she was sitting on her bum doing nothing at the time) 'hmm shall we have a cup of tea?'
I said to her would she mind making it if she wants one as I had my hands full and she got stroppy.

This sounds far bigger than Jimby, to be honest, and like there is much more going on and you already resent her for what's been going on previously. This may just be the 'icing on the cake'. Would it have made you this angry if someone didn't ask about him but you had no issues with them?

To turn it around, do you always ask about people's animals and family and friends and such if you know something has gone on? Or do you sometimes forget or have different priorities?

I am an extemely animal orianated person and always ask how my friends pets are, she has a hamster who she was worried and I have been asking after him.

I think you are right that this is the icing on the cake.

I am an extemely animal orianated person and always ask how my friends pets are, she has a hamster who she was worried and I have been asking after him.

I think you are right that this is the icing on the cake.

I guess, for me, if this was an isolated incident, then I would put it down to her being human. We all make mistakes. I forget things like this sometimes, forget to ask how people are, their relatives, their pets, etc, and people do it to me. Its not necessarily a personal thing, its just being human.

However, if she is being this self centred all the time, is this someone you want to be around? If not, then what you need to do is doing something that will help you feel better about the situation, such as writing her a letter/e-mail to tell her how you feel, or distancing yourself from her. Just don't let her failings as a person impact too much on your life. You have enough going on without being angry at someone who doesn't deserve your thought waves.

I guess, for me, if this was an isolated incident, then I would put it down to her being human. We all make mistakes. I forget things like this sometimes, forget to ask how people are, their relatives, their pets, etc, and people do it to me. Its not necessarily a personal thing, its just being human.

However, if she is being this self centred all the time, is this someone you want to be around? If not, then what you need to do is doing something that will help you feel better about the situation, such as writing her a letter/e-mail to tell her how you feel, or distancing yourself from her. Just don't let her failings as a person impact too much on your life. You have enough going on without being angry at someone who doesn't deserve your thought waves.

Thankyou Sky,
You are right, I think for now I am just going to distance myself and see when she actually does want to contact me and what she says and I will re assess how I am feeling.

Thankyou Sky,
You are right, I think for now I am just going to distance myself and see when she actually does want to contact me and what she says and I will re assess how I am feeling.

That sounds like a good plan :)

this is why i never bothered with god parents i had 3, one favoured another child, another never sent a card and another well whats the point

my children dont have god parents either im actually hard pushed as to who would have my children if me and my OH past as grandparents are not allowed over a certain age to have control anymore

Im an unofficial godmother to my cousins wee one, luvs him to bits, always end up getting him AND his brother something though :lol:

Back