• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding 2 males with one female

stranger23

Mama Doe
Ok ive been reading up on this and wanted your advice, i want to bond my female with my two neutered males (she will get spayed when old enough) but ive been reading up on it and found info that says that you shouldnt put 1 female to 2 males as it will cause problems is this true?

Ok ive been reading up on this and wanted your advice, i want to bond my female with my two neutered males (she will get spayed when old enough) but ive been reading up on it and found info that says that you shouldnt put 1 female to 2 males as it will cause problems is this true?

I haven't bonded yet but from what I've read, I wouldn't try it yet. If you can I'd make an enclosure next to theres to see in the long term what they'de be like. I've heard females can be quite....hormonal? lol! Even thought she can not be spayed yet I'd advise you to wait even if the boys have been done. Better safe then sorry :)

Ive managed to make her a bigger home so going to wait until she is old enough to be spayed to bond them but ive been reading up on it so i know exactly what im doing, the boys can get to her cage when they are out but i cant set their cages up next to each other as there is no room and im racking my brain trying to think how to move the room around to allow them to be next to each other but without loosing any space as the boys are aloud to free roam so i moved the living room around to allow plenty of space for them and make sure its bunny proof, i move anything then there will be gaps for boys to squeeze into so it wont be as safe, when the boys are out only one of them shows some signs of being territorial but he often isnt bothered by the fact she is there just has a little go at the cage once and a while.

Like with everything else rabbit related, it really does depend on the bunny. I have a trio that is two males and a female. They have been together nearly three years now.

The best way to ensure it works is to really research your bonding and how to do it and what needs to be done beforehand (such as spaying, neutering and everyone being recovered, etc) and then it comes down to the rabbits.

However, you do have to be prepared for what might happen if they don't bond and what you intend to do then, or if all fight and have to be separated into three singles, or a different pair and single and what you will do then.

If i end up having to house them separately then thats what will happen, i have 2 single males in the garden who will be moving into the garage soon as they will have a lot more space in there, so if i can not bond her with the 2 bonded males and keep her as a house rabbit i will look into bonding her with one of the outside males (will also be bonding them with somebun at some point letting them get used to their new homes first and the way we do things before trying to bond) i know that research is the key thats why ive started now while she is only 8 weeks old gives me a few months to make sure ive got everything right before i start the bonding process so you can probably expect quite a few questions from me, i like to find the same info from at least 3 different sources to make sure im doing things right. Knowing that its going to be after xmas that i can start bonding for my presents from people im asking for things for my animals things like new bowls and loads of toys (one of the boys outside came with a cup with a broken handle as his bowl ive not got a spare at the mo so i make sure the bit of broken handle is outside the cage so he cant hurt himself on it)

Thanks i always try and give my animals the best and ive found research is always the best way to find out how to do things properly :) I cant wait for xmas to get all my rabbit bits so i can make them bigger better homes going to be making C&C cages with plenty of running space and levels for them all to play with while they have to be in the cage and most importantly of all loads of out of the cage time, were going to be looking at buying our own house soon and ive got a list of things i want to make sure all my animals are happy like a massive garden and a room for them to play in all day :)

Back