• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie-Just to Let You Know

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
A couple of months ago Eddie's Heart problems caused severe hypertension, evident here, the bulging eyes. This picture was taken in September

005-20.jpg

Concern was expressed to me via PM that it might be 'kinder' to let Eddie go.
Despite the fact that Eddie still has numerous health problems which cannot be cured, he is on a drug regime which now means his symptoms are under control.

These pictures were taken this morning

008-38.jpg

007-37.jpg

005-36.jpg

003-46.jpg

Eddie has had a recent bereavement and me and my Vet discussed at length whether we should let Eddie go too. But after a very difficult few days Eddie rallied and he is now a contented Bun again. Yes, he still has a poorly heart and arthritis of his hips and spine. He also has a chronic RTI. But he still enjoys his life and my Vet, who's judgement I trust 100%, monitors Eddie closely. She would tell me straight if she thought that it was 'Eddie's time'. When she does I will follow her advice.

Last edited:
What a difference his treatment and your care has made. :) It was also lovely to see the ones you posted of him back in his pot.

I really think that you don't need to consider people who choose to share their views like that with you, let alone cowards who do so privately. We all know you have a cracking vet and that should be enough, let alone the fact that you are like some sort of bunny dream.

I'm very glad that he is doing so well, but please don't feel you need to 'prove' you made the right choice. If you (and obviously C) think its best at the time, for Eddie, then that's what should be done.

I believe every owner knows when it's their pet's time. No-one else apart from vets have a clue. You know their regular behaviours and you know what they're thinking. No-one else has a right to tell you you should of pts. You can see in the first picture that Eddie's eyes are full of strength, courage and love, I wouldn't think he looked ready to go. He is one awesome bunny, you have done right by him. Just as you do for every single one of your bunnies!

You have their best interest at heart, the inner courage and the respect to do what's right. Please ignore anyone who thinks different.

Thank you

I just wish that those with an opposing view would express it publicly rather than via PM or email.

Anyway, its good news for Eddie at the moment and that is all that matters to me :D

Thank you

I just wish that those with an opposing view would express it publicly rather than via PM or email.

Anyway, its good news for Eddie at the moment and that is all that matters to me :D

If they don't have the courage to express it publicly, then just discard it. They are not worth it.

You're far better than that. Trust yourself. The majority of us trust you (i.e. not those who do as you have said on this thread), you just need to believe in yourself.

If they don't have the courage to express it publicly, then just discard it. They are not worth it.

You're far better than that. Trust yourself. The majority of us trust you (i.e. not those who do as you have said on this thread), you just need to believe in yourself.

That's something I am useless at !! :oops:

that is so true! i would trust Jane with Zeke's life and I've never even met her! That's GOT to say something!

my dad has heart problems with resultant hypertension...should we let him go?! We trust you and your vet hun, ignore the busybodies xx

I would trust you and Cristobel 100% with any of my bunnies :love:

Eddie looks really well and I'm glad you took no notice of those not brave enough to post publicly.

Thank you

People on here make me so cross why the ***** should you have to justify your rabbits care to anyone other than yourself, your rabbits and possibly your vet. We have all seen you make some really tough decisions over the past few months over letting buns go, thats hard enough without having to explain to other people. Personally I feel that you have more than demonstrated that you are able to make these decisions at the right time and for the good of your rabbits. Lets face it C would not allow them to suffer let alone you, there have been many times when you have thought it was 'time' and C has said no. I also feel that your sharing of your experiences has helped a lot of other people and buns with health issues. I wonder how many people have questioned their vets or been able to suggest other treatment following your advice.

I wish I could offer my buns half the knowledge and experience that you offer your buns. If people have questions they should ask them politely and in public on here rather than sending you cowardly and spiteful messages by PM. You never know they might even learn something :evil:

Ok rant over its just I hate bullying :oops:

Last edited:
I can't believe people do that! Please ignore them Jane - we know your bunnies have the best care and you know them so well.
Eddie looks very happy :love:

What a difference in him between the first picture and the rest, poor wee sausage.

Really nice to see him looking so much better though.

As long as the good days out weigh the bad in quality - not quantity :D and I see one happy bun.

Lib_n_bunny must have been reading my thoughts re plenty of humans in this state - they have no choice.

I'm glad that Eddie is feeling better. :D
However, I am furious that some people don't mind their own business. Next time somebody expresses 'concerns' about the welfare of one of your rabbits, you'd better report them to the moderators. People have no right to judge.

I'm glad Eddie is OK. But I'm also sorry that he can't be bonded again because of his conditions... I hope your company will be all he needs to feel good.

Back