• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ack, I hate my conscience

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday I went and saw somewhere with bunnies that just plain stank. I had told them previously how badly it smelt and how to sort it (was just over two weeks ago) and it still smells awful.

I can't leave the bunnies like that and the majority have horrible urine stain around their back ends and its horrible and deep (but not scald) and is just from sitting in or on their own urine.

I've been up a lot in the night stressing about this, and even though I'm not physically fit enough to get on my hands and knees and scrub al those floors, I have no choice, so I'm going to go down when I can and scrub until things smell better (and of vinegar :lol:).

Some of the hutches are also ok for summer, but not appropriate for winter, so I'm going to go and covert them, as best I can, to make them suitable for winter, and if I can get hold of two hutches to give to the two bunnies who currently only have carry cases with towels covering them, then so much the better.

I feel totally overwhelmed by having to do all this, but I can't leave them in that state.

I couldn't believe it.

These bunnies deserve so much better.

Unfortunately so long as they have food and water and some sort of the shelter the RSPCA don't often do anything.

But it's worthwhile taking photographs before doing the cleaning, and keeping a photo diary of the conditions to send to the RSPCA.

Is it a private owner?

Back